On Monday's epic Broncos' comeback: Great game by Peyton Manning, horrible outing by Philip Rivers. As for Chargers head coach Norv Turner, if you enter the second half with a 24-0 lead and one of the top 10 running backs in the league, why would you give him the ball only seven more times? I'm dumbfounded, and not just because I'm a frustrated Ryan Mathews owner.
Week 7 byes: Falcons, Broncos, Chiefs, Dolphins, Eagles, Chargers
Thursday game: Seahawks at 49ers
On to the news:
- DeMarco Murray's sprained left foot - while not terribly serious - is expected to keep him out of Sunday's game at Carolina. Felix Jones is available in 83 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and is a strong short-term pickup against the Panthers' subpar run defense after his 92-yard performance against the Ravens. However, with Murray probably back soon and Jones having a well-documented past as a fantasy disappointment, don't expect any long-term miracles.
- Browns RB Trent Richardson is day-to-day with a rib injury. Richardson thinks he'll play in Week 7, but if he can't, Montario Hardesty (15 carries, 56 yards, TD vs. Bengals) is next in line. Hardesty could be very helpful or completely useless for fantasy owners this week, and we won't know either way until later in the week.
- Speaking of the Browns, WR Josh Gordon is becoming an interesting fantasy option after catching five passes for 181 yards and three touchdowns over his last two games. Head coach Pat Shurmur said this week that he thinks the "light is coming on" for Gordon, and while Gordon figures to offer more big-play ability than high-reception volume, that doesn't mean he can't help you.
- Sorry, Jahvid Best owners. He hasn't been cleared to play this week, and the Lions don't have a target date for his return. Time to move on.
- Ravens LB Ray Lewis is done for the season with a torn triceps muscle, according to FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer. You know that the Ravens' D was living off its reputation even before Lewis' injury, right?
- Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that Alex Green would remain the team's "lead running back" following his 22-carry, 65-yard performance against the Texans.
- In other Packers' news, there's no early word on Greg Jennings' Week 7 status. Wait and see, again. This guy is killing me.
- Look for RB Vick Ballard to start again this week for the Colts. Don't quit on Ballard after his unproductive day against the Jets, since the Colts abandoned the run early after falling behind.
- The Cardinals aren't sure who will start at quarterback against the Vikings. Hopefully, you're not in a position to be worrying about this.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers "might go slowly" this week with Rashard Mendenhall's Achilles injury, whatever that means. Mendenhall thinks he can play against the Bengals this week, as does Isaac Redman (ankle). They can think all they want, but we'll need to see how practice goes. If you want to make a speculative RB pickup for Week 7, Baron Batch is a pretty good one.
- Pierre Garcon's toe isn't getting any better, and it sounds like he'll be out for awhile.
- LeGarrette Blount as a "closer?" I don't know how many carries that translates to, but I'm skeptical.
- Looking for a long-term WR pickup? Vincent Brown (broken ankle) is targeting a Week 9 return for the Chargers. In the preseason, he was expected to be the Bolts' top receiver.
- Jaguars WR Laurent Robinson still hasn't passed his concussion test? Ugh.
- Jets RB Bilal Powell is likely to miss Week 7 with a separated shoulder.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat roomtoday at 3 p.m. ET, and I'll stop by on Thursday at 2 p.m. I will NOT post a blog entry this Friday morning, as I'll be taking to day off to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary (I know, you don't care). You can reach me on Facebook and Twitter if you have any lineup questions.
Good luck this week!