Last night's Redskins-Vikings game was pretty good for fantasy owners, as all the typical fantasy starters - Adrian Peterson, Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon - came through with good games. Heck, even Vikings TE John Carlson - who we mentioned on Thursday's Fantasy 15 podcast - had a solid night.
On to the news:
- Bears QB Jay Cutler has been cleared to play and will start Sunday, just three weeks after suffering a torn groin muscle. I guess this means he's finally a tough guy, right? Anyway, against the Lions' 26th-ranked pass defense, I've got Cutler at QB10.
- Texans RB Arian Foster (back) missed another practice on Thursday, and his outlook for Sunday appears bleak. Ben Tate (ribs) was limited, but assuming that he plays, he's RB19 for me, even against the Cardinals' strong run D.
- Remember your byes: The Browns, Chiefs, Patriots and Jets are off this week.
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant was back at practice in a limited fashion on Thursday, but sources report that he might have a bulging disc issue. Plan to start Bryant on Sunday, but keep an eye on this situation until then.
- Rashad Jennings is expected to start in place of the injured Darren McFadden (hamstring) for the Raiders. I've got Jennings at RB24 - he got 176 yards from scrimmage last week, but it was mostly in garbage time, and he's no superstar.
- Seneca Wallace's former teammate, Matt Hasselbeck, thinks Wallace will improve after a full week taking starter's reps in practice. I'll believe that when I see it.
- Falcons WR Roddy White (hamstring, ankle) expects to return Sunday after a three-game absence. You shouldn't necessarily start White if he's active, as he might not be at full strength, and the Seahawks' pass defense is excellent.
- Brandon Jacobs' hamstring doesn't sound fully healed, so don't count on him for Sunday. The Giants suggested earlier in the week that they were preparing a "small package of plays" for Andre Brown, so signs point to Peyton Hillis being the team's primary back versus the Raiders. I've got Hillis at RB29.
- It sounds like Bills QB E.J. Manuel will start on Sunday after missing four games with a knee injury.
- Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said Thursday that RB Gio Bernard has probably earned more touches, but he added this (per Cincinnati.com): "To say we’re going to give the ball to Gio 25 times each week is kind of unrealistic ... he needs spelling. He needs a bigger back in there like BenJarvus (Green-Ellis) to take 10, 12, 15 carries a game." Repeat after me: This committee is not going away.
- The Jaguars are hinting that TE Marcedes Lewis might get more involved in the passing game in the wake of Justin Blackmon's suspension.
- The 49ers say that LB Aldon Smith will return to action on Sunday, but probably not in a full-time role. Panthers-49ers should be a defensive battle, so don't look for fantasy fireworks.
- You shouldn't expect Seahawks WR Percy Harvin to return this week, per the Seattle Times.
- Our Week 10 rankings will be updated tonight.
- The FOXSports.com fantasy chat room will re-open Sunday at 10 a.m. ET, when Adam Meyer, Joel Beall and I will host three hours of Q & A. Stop by if you can.
See you back here Tuesday morning. Good luck in Week 10!