Do you think it would be legal for me to adopt Russell Wilson? I'd give him a nice home, send him to all the best schools ... man, I love that guy. After last night's game, so do his fantasy owners.
On to the news:
- It doesn't sound like Falcons RB Steven Jackson (hamstring) will be ready to return on Sunday, and WR Roddy White (hamstring, ankle) hasn't practiced this week. Look for Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling to once again share the backfield duties, and for Harry Douglas to be the top non-Tony Gonzalez recieiving option. I'm all-in on Douglas - he's at WR24 in my weekly rankings.
- Case Keenum - not T.J. Yates - will start for the Texans at quarterback on Sunday in place of the injured Matt Schaub. Let's leave Andre Johnson alone at WR16, OK?
- The Browns say they're going to get RB Fozzy Whittaker involved in the gameplan on Sunday. I'd be a bit worried about this if I was a Chris Ogbonnaya owner, but not enough to change his fantasy playing status. Willis McGahee didn't practice on Thursday, but they were just getting him some rest.
- Remember your byes: The Saints and Raiders are off this week.
- Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts (shoulder) isn't expected to practice today, and his availability for Sunday's game figures to be a gametime decision. Teammate Justin Blackmon (hamstring) also might miss practice today, but it sounds like he'll play.
- Rob Gronkowski ... still a maybe. We probably won't know his status until 11:30 a.m. ET on Sunday (UPDATE 9:50 a.m. ET: Gronk has reportedly been cleared to play on Sunday. Plan to start him if you've got him). WR Danny Amendola (concussion) and CB Aqib Talib (hip) also haven't practiced this week for the Pats, and you shouldn't be waiting on Amendola.
- The Lions think that WR Calvin Johnson (knee) will be more like his usual self this week, though the Detroit Free Press article at that link didn't exactly suggest that he'll be 100 percent. OC Scott Linehan said, "It’s not an overnight thing to get back to 100%, but he’s working very hard to get there, so I don’t see why there’s any reason he wouldn’t be able to have a few more (plays) this week. But it has everything to do with how the game goes."
- In related news, Bengals CB Terence Newman (abdomen) appears unlikely to play against the Lions.
- Packers WR James Jones (knee) hasn't practiced this week. It sounds like he's a longshot for Sunday. Jarrett Boykin would be the fantasy beneficiary of Jones' absence, but starting him seems like a reach.
- Michael Vick has made it official: He's not starting this week ... or maybe ever again. OK, I added the second part on my own. Go get 'em, Nick Foles. Millions of fantasy owners are counting on you.
- Bills RB C.J. Spiller thinks his ailing ankle will be back to 100 percent soon. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I'd still like to buy low on Spiller.
- The status of Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware (thigh) will be a gametime decision. That's a lot better than it sounded earlier in the week.
- For future reference, Giants RB Andre Brown returned to practice on Thursday, and will be eligible to play in Week 10. New arrival Peyton Hillis might see some action Monday night for the Giants, but before you get excited, remember that there's probably a reason why teams keep cutting him.
- There's a chance that Titans QB Jake Locker (knee, hip) will return this week, but it's a small one.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, on Keenan Allen's Monday TD catch: "It was in that moment that anyone paying attention knew (Philip) Rivers had found his new Vincent Jackson." That'll get you excited, huh?
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles might get more work? Get outta here.
- Here's an interesting article on the Ravens' running-game woes. I'm not sure when, or if, the problems will be fixed.
- It sounds like a QB change is looming in Arizona. Zzzz ...
- I'll lead off Sunday morning's chat at 10 a.m. ET, with Joel Beall and then Adam Meyer tagging in as kickoff approaches. If you have other questions this weekend, hit me on Twitter or Facebook.
Good luck in Week 7!