A few takeaways from last night's disgustingly sloppy Jets-Pats game:
- Tom Brady can't automatically post great stats with those terrible receivers (Julian Edelman excepted). Until the cavalry returns, I won't rank him as highly, and probably shouldn't have this week.
- Don't panic if you own Stevan Ridley. He got 16 carries, and even though he gained just 40 yards, he'll be fine. Because ...
- That Jets' run D is nasty. They get C.J. Spiller and the Bills in Week 3.
- Jets WR Stephen Hill had four receptions for 86 yards. My interest is officially piqued.
On to the news:
- Falcons WR Roddy White (high ankle sprain) hasn't practiced this week, and his status for Week 2 is very uncertain. Even if White is active following a gametime decision, I've dropped him to WR31. Have a backup plan ready. White's absence would make Harry Douglas (four receptions, 93 yards in Week 1) moderately interesting as a fantasy replacement for White.
- White's teammate, Julio Jones, was limited in Thursday's practice due to a knee injury, but it sounds like he'll be ready to go.
- Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton said Thursday that the ideal carry split between Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard would be 50-50. Bradshaw owners probably don't like the sound of that.
- Packers TE Jermichael Finley (toe) was limited in Thursday's practice.
- I don't know if Tony Romo's bruised ribs will affect him on Sunday, but he's been practicing.
- According to the New York Daily News, Giants head coach Tom Coughlin suggested Thursday that RB David Wilson 'will be in action on Sunday, but he won’t be the team’s lone ball-carrier.' I've got Wilson at RB22.
- Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said Wednesday that he'd like the carry split to be "pretty close" between Arian Foster and Ben Tate. Foster had 18 carries to Tate's nine in Week 1.
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles was limited in Thursday's practice after sitting out Wednesday, but it sounds like he'll be ready for Sunday.
- Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) was limited on Thursday, but says he'll be ready to go against the Lions.
- Keep an eye on the status of Ravens RB Bernard Pierce, who has been limited this week by a thigh injury.
- Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts (groin) was limited in Thursday's practice. I haven't seen anything suggesting that Shorts won't play.
- In other Jaguars' news, here's some interesting info on Maurice Jones-Drew adjusting to the team's new zone blocking scheme. Not good, not bad ... just interesting.
- It sounds like Eagles RB LeSean McCoy will stay very busy, partly because the Eagles' fast-paced offense doesn't really allow for substitutions. I still think Bryce Brown will get his share of work - maybe he'll start playing every third series or something.
- So, Felix Jones might be in the RB mix for the Steelers on Monday, huh? Please don't consider him in fantasy leagues, for crying out loud.
- Rams RB Daryl Richardson (foot) was limited Thursday after missing Wednesday's practice.
- So, Bucs QB Josh Freeman "has a tendency to oversleep?" This isn't going to end well. The Bucs have a bye in Week 5 - is that too early for them to go to rookie backup Mike Glennon?
- Note: For all the injuries listed in this blog, I'll let you know if the news generates a ranking adjustment. If I don't mention a change, assume that things have stayed the same, and/or that the rankings already account for the injury issue.
- Stop by the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room for our weekly extravaganza on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET. Adam Meyer will lead off, followed by Joel Beall and then yours truly.
See you back here later this morning with a baseball post.