Made that one a bit too close for comfort, eh. Seahawks? And only eight carries for Marshawn Lynch? Did he pee in Pete Carroll's coffee last week?
On to the news:
- Texans RBs Arian Foster (hamstring) and Ben Tate (broken ribs) missed practice on Monday, and their playing status won't be known until later in the week. Deji Karim, Ray Graham and Dennis Johnson are the backups on the roster. Your guess is as good as mine as to which one would be used in the absence of Foster and Tate, but Karim is the only one of the three with any NFL experience, and the only one over 200 pounds.
- The Eagles expect to know today if QB Nick Foles has passed NFL-mandated concussion testing. With Michael Vick (hamstring) likely a no-go for Week 9, the Eagles really need Foles, who could have a decent matchup at Oakland.
- Don't forget your byes: The Cardinals, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Giants and 49ers are off this week. Thursday's game is Bengals-Dolphins.
- It sounds like Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray (knee) will be ready to go this week. I know, I know ... that's what we thought last week. Stay tuned.
- The Bills will test C.J. Spiller's ankle early this week, and I wonder if another week of rest will make him the best buy-low candidate ever. I've been targeting Spiller that way for eight weeks, though, and it hasn't exactly gone well.
- Bucs WR Mike Williams is done for the season with a hamstring injury. Look for WR Tiquan Underwood and maybe TE Tim Wright to get more involved in the passing game. I like Wright as a bye-week replacement, but not Underwood.
- Broncos TE Julius Thomas suffered an ankle injury on Sunday, but it doesn't sound serious.
- The Cardinals haven't decided on their post-bye running back plans, but head coach Bruce Arians said Monday that he'd like to see improvement in Andre Ellington's blocking. According to the team's website, Rashard Mendenhall will take touches from Stepfan Taylor when healthy, so we can look for approximately 15 touches per game from Ellington. He won't be an every-down back, but he'll stay busy.
- Tony Gonzalez seems to think that Roddy White (hamstring, ankle) will be back this week.
- The Texans will start Case Keenum at quarterback on Sunday night against the Colts.
- Rams RB Zac Stacy injured his ankle late in Monday's game, and will have an MRI today.
- Jamaal Charles' bruised knee doesn't appear to be a concern.
- With WR Brandon Gibson reportedly done for the season due to a knee injury, Rishard Mathews is likely to play in the slot for the Dolphins.
- Redskins QB Robert Griffin III says his knee is just a bit sore.
- Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said Monday that either Josh Freeman or Christian Ponder (and not Matt Cassel) will start Sunday at Dallas. The suspense is killing me!
- The Ravens signed Bernard Scott for RB depth, at least partly because they're not sure if Bernard Pierce (hamstring) will be ready to play this week.
- Bears CB Charles Tillman (knee) still isn't practicing. It's a good thing they're only playing the Packers this week.
- Speaking of the Packers, WR James Jones (knee) is TBD for Week 9.
- The Panthers still haven't decided if RB Jonathan Stewart will make his 2013 debut this week.
- The NFL trade deadline is today at 4 p.m. ET. Hakeem Nicks? Josh Gordon? We'll see.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET. Stop by if you can.
- Ryan Fowler, Mike Harmon and I will be doing another Google Hangout today at 2:30 p.m. ET. Send your questions via Twitter using the hashtag #insidefantasy.
- Have you subscribed to the Fantasy 15 podcast yet? You can get all the episodes on iTunes. What are you waiting for?
See you back here Friday morning.