On to the news:
- This Boston Herald video notebook summarizes the Patriots' receiving situation: There's optimism that WR Danny Amendola (groin) might be ready to return this week, but TE Rob Gronkowski's status is still a mystery. If you're waiting for Gronk, you'll probably need to keep waiting until the inactive lists are released at 11:30 a.m. ET on Sunday.
- In other Pats' news, TE Zach Sudfeld was released, and RB Stevan Ridley (knee) hasn't practiced yet this week. LeGarrette Blount (ownedin 18.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) looks like an interesting pickup for Week 5.
- Remember your byes: The Vikings, Steelers, Redskins and Buccaneers are off this week.
- Raiders RB Darren McFadden (hamstring) hasn't practiced this week, and sounds very iffy for Sunday. If DMC tracks toward a gametime decision, the 11:35 p.m. ET start makes him someone fantasy owners will probably need to avoid. Rashad Jennings (21.5 percent owned), who had 116 yards from scrimmage last week, is McFadden's backup. Jennings is a better bet in PPR leagues, and would slot in at around RB28 in my rankings if McFadden can't go.
- The FOXSports.com Week 5 rankings should be updated late Friday based on the day's practice news.
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles (blisters on feet) returned to practice Thursday, and is expected to play Sunday.
- Please shut up, Santonio Holmes. You're probably not even going to play this week.
- Cowboys WR Miles Austinstill isn't practicing, and you should plan to be without him for another week.
- A few days after his coach said lack of practice time has been affecting his play, Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall practiced fully again on Thursday.
- It doesn't sound like Colts RB Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) will be back anytime soon.
- Still no practice for Saints WR Lance Moore (hand) and RB Mark Ingram (toe).
- Bears WR Brandon Marshalldidn't practice Thursday, but he's expected to play Sunday.
- Our Sunday pregame chat will proceed as usual, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. ET. I won't be there, since it's my bye week.
Good luck in Week 5!