On last night's game: Are you ready to downgrade the Lions' fantasy prospects overall, or is the Bears' defense just awesome? The Lions host the Seahawks this week, so that doesn't help. Overall, I'm staying on their fantasy bandwagon.
On to the news:
- With Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew set to miss at least this week's game against the Packers because of a foot injury, Rashad Jennings looks to be a fantasy RB2. Jennings ran 21 times for just 44 yards and a score against the Raiders in Week 7, but caught seven passes for 58 yards as well. The Packer D is a mediocre 17th against the run and 14th overall, and even though the Jags' offense is terrible, Jennings should be on the field in most situations. Workloads mean something, and unless you think the Jags will gain NO yards, Jennings is their best bet for decent fantasy production. He's owned in 15.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, so check your free-agent pool for his availability.
- This week's bye teams are the Ravens, Bills, Bengals and Texans, while the Thursday game is Bucs-Vikings. Set your lineups accordingly.
- There's a chance that Packers WR Greg Jennings (groin) will return to action in Week 8, but we won't know much until Thursday or Friday. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Jennings will go through a "run test" on Thursday, and then practice Friday if all goes well.
- Saints' interim coach Joe Vitt says that TE Jimmy Graham's injured ankle will get tested on Wednesday, and signs point to Graham being ready for Week 8.
- DeMarco Murray's Week 8 status is up in the air. With the Giants ranking 23rd in rushing yards allowed and 30th in yards per carry allowed, Felix Jones will again be a solid fantasy start if Murray isn't ready.
- Brady Quinn will replace Matt Cassel at quarterback this week for the Chiefs. I've seen a few people forecasting doom for Dwayne Bowe as a result of this move, but it's not like Cassel was Drew Brees to begin with.
- Lions WR Nate Burleson is done for the season after breaking his leg Monday night. If you're looking for a Lion receiver, Titus Young caught six passes for 81 yards on eight targets against the Bears, while Ryan Broyles was targeted four times, catching three passes for 51 yards and a late TD. Matthew Stafford still throws A LOT.
- QB Matt Hasselbeck will start again for the Titans this week, but the team says that Jake Locker will get his job back when his shoulder is healthy.
- Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) might not be back for another four weeks.
- LeGarrette Blount didn't have a good game as the Bucs' short-yardage back on Sunday. Remember a couple of weeks ago, when Doug Martin's fantasy owners were panicking? Not so much any more.
- Did you know that Rams WR Chris Givens has 261 receiving yards over his last four games, including a 50-plus yard catch in each outing? Givens is owned in just 1.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- It's too early to tell if injured Steelers RBs Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman will be ready to play this week.
- It sounds like Colts RB Donald Brown (knee) will miss one more game. He'd better hope Vick Ballard doesn't play well again this week.
- Packers CB Charles Woodson is expected to miss six weeks with a broken collarbone. Ouch.
- Lost in the news of Monday's GM firing in Carolina was the discussion of DeAngelo Williams' relative inactivity (two carries, four yards) on Sunday. Head coach Ron Rivera said it was due to personnel groupings, and I still say this situation is too much of a mess to start any Panthers' back.
- Do you think the Cardinals will let 5'7". 185-pound LaRod Stephens-Howling carry the ball 20 times every week? Yeah, me neither. Hold on to William Powell just a little bit longer.
- TE Chris Cooley might be excited about returning to the Redskins in the wake of Fred Davis' season-ending Achilles injury, but Logan Paulsen (four receptions, 76 yards vs. NYG) figures to be their first option to start. Don't view Paulsen as more than a bye-week fill-in until he proves otherwise.
- My friend Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET, so make sure to send your questions. I'll make my weekly appearance on Thursday at 2 p.m. ET.
See you back here Friday morning.