After last night's latest horrible game from Mark Sanchez, Jets head coach Rex Ryan said he wasn't ready to commit to a starting quarterback for Week 16. Is it finally Tebow Time? Probably not, but a fantasy owner can dream, can't he?
On to the news:
- Eagles RB LeSean McCoy (concussion) has been cleared to return by an independent neurologist, and might play this week after practicing on Monday, when he "did well," according to head coach Andy Reid. Reid also said that Bryce Brown "needs to play," so we could be looking at a timeshare in McCoy's first game back. I'll try to make sense of this when I do my Week 16 rankings on Wednesday, but both McCoy and Brown look like RB3/flex options (which is fantasy analyst-ese for "I have no idea what they're going to do").
- The Redskins don't yet know if QB Robert Griffin III (knee) will return this week against the Eagles. We could be in for another week of suspense.
- The Boston Globe notes that Patriots RB Stevan Ridley did return to Sunday night's game after fumbling twice, so Ridley owners might not need to completely panic about him being buried this week. I can't say that I completely trust Ridley to be a Week 16 workhorse, though.
- Speaking of the Pats, there's not even a hint yet about TE Rob Gronkowski's status for Week 16. Gronk made brief appearances at practice last week, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Stay tuned, and make sure you have a backup plan ready. My guess is that Gronk won't play.
- There's no Thursday game this week, but the Falcons and Lions play on Saturday. Set your lineups accordingly.
- With RB Ryan Mathews done for the season due to a broken clavicle, Curtis Brinkley is being touted as a hot fantasy pickup after carrying six times for 42 yards against the Panthers. You might remember Brinkley as the guy who carried 28 times for 55 yards when Mathews missed the season's first two games. Unfortunately, he'll probably share carries with Jackie Battle and Ronnie Brown (if active) against the Jets in Week 16, behind a terrible offensive line that was part of the reason for Mathews' problems. Don't put too many eggs in Brinkley's basket.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (knee) said Monday that he plans to play this week, but players say stuff like that all the time. Let's see what happens when practice starts tomorrow.
- The Jags say that RB Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) is questionable for their Week 16 game against the Patriots. If MJD can't play, Rashad Jennings could be an interesting play if he gets cleared to return from his concussion.
- Titans WR Kendall Wright said after last night's game that he cracked a rib. Don't expect to see him this week.
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman's appeal of his drug suspension is scheduled for Friday, so his Week 16 status is in question. However, since judgments for things like this aren't usually given immediately, the guess here is that Sherman will play.
- Oh, no. The Raiders might continue with the Tim Tebow-random series thing for QB Terrelle Pryor after putting him on for three downs against the Chiefs. Beware, Carson Palmer owners.
- We should have a better idea on Wednesday about the status of Packers WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring).
- The status of Chiefs QB Brady Quinn (ribs) is uncertain for Sunday's game, so Ricky Stanzi might start. I still don't think I'd start the Colts' defense.
- Ravens WR Torrey Smith suffered a concussion during Sunday's loss to the Broncos. Keep an eye on his status.
- My colleague Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET. Send him some questions!
- If you have questions for me this week, you can always reach me on Facebook and Twitter.
See you back here Friday morning.