Did you see the beating that the Bears gave the Cowboys last night? I know the first two interceptions weren't Tony Romo's fault, but I'm not sure about the next 67 of them.
On to the news:
- Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said Monday that WR Hakeem Nicks' knee injury isn't getting better. When asked how concerned he is about Nicks, Coughlin said, "How much concern can I show you?" There's not a lot of detail beyond that, but if you own Nicks, you need to have a backup plan for Week 5.
- Packers WR Greg Jennings had a recurrence of his groin injury on Sunday, and head coach Mike McCarthy said that keeping Jennings sidelined for a week is "definitely an option." I'll have an update on Jennings' status in Friday's entry. James Jones (5-56-2) appeared to be the main beneficiary of Jennings' absence, and he's available in 87.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- The Thursday game this week is Cardinals-Rams, while the Cowboys, Lions, Raiders and Buccaneers have byes. Set your lineups accordingly.
- Speaking of Thursday, I wonder if the short week will play a part in Steven Jackson's availability. Jackson didn't practice Monday because of his lingering groin injury. Teammate Danny Amendola (ankle) also took the day off, but there haven't been any dire statements about his status.
- Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) is expected to make his 2012 debut this week. Look for Mendenhall to start, but not to get a full workload right away.
- The Jets haven't made any announcements about Santonio Holmes' foot injury, but it doesn't sound good. We should know more later this week.
- Titans QB Jake Locker is expected to miss Sunday's game against the Vikings due to his shoulder injury, and the Tennesseean reports that "indications are he could miss multiple games." I don't want to pick up Matt Hasselbeck any more than you do, but if you're desperate, he's an option.
- Here's an update on the Ryan Mathews-Jackie Battle fantasy mess in San Diego. Head coach Norv Turner seemed to suggest Monday that using Battle so much early in Week 4 was about easing Mathews back into action, and not sending him a message about fumbling. Mathews' owners should be patient - he'll be fine.
- Texans RB Ben Tate missed Monday's practice with a toe injury, and his status is TBD. Arian Foster owners will be happy to know that head coach Gary Kubiak doesn't seem concerned with Foster's heavy workload.
- Looking to pick up Patriots RB Brandon Bolden after his 137 yards and a score on Sunday? I don't blame you, but Bill Belichick can be shifty with his running backs. I'd hesitate to start Bolden against the Broncos.
- Did anyone else get a fantasy win because of Jason Witten's garbage-time heroics in last night's final two minutes? Witten caught 13 passes for 112 yards and a TD against the Bears, so we can stop worrying about him now.
- Matt Cassel will start at quarterback this week for the Chiefs, but it sounds like his job security isn't so great.
- The Redskins lost another defensive player on Sunday? I'd suggest starting all your Falcons against them this week, but you're probably already doing that.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET, and I'll make my weekly appearance on Thursday at 2. Make sure to send your questions!
See you back here later this morning with a baseball entry, and on Friday with more football news.