There wasn't much fantasy excitement in last night's game ... except for Keenan Allen. Nine catches, 107 yards, a touchdown and a place among my top 25 fantasy wideouts for the near future. He's pretty good.
On to the news:
- Packers WR Randall Cobb is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with a broken fibula, while teammate James Jones "has a chance" to play in Week 7 despite ligament damage in his knee, according to the Mikwaukee Journal Sentinel. Stashing Cobb on your bench is a nice idea, but don't be stubborn about keeping him there if you need the roster spot for someone else, since he might not come back at all. As for the remaining Packers, Jarrett Boykin's free-agent value probably depends more on Jones' absence than Cobb's - he's not a bad option, but he's not a fantasy goldmine, either. Jermichael Finley and Jordy Nelson stand to benefit the most from Cobb's injury.
- With DeMarco Murray expected to miss at least a game with a knee sprain, many are calling Joseph Randle a good fantasy pickup. Randle has a soft schedule ahead - starting with the Eagles this week - but here's a pessimistic look at his chances to succeed. Randle is probably the best remaining free-agent back in many leagues, but don't count on him taking you to the promised land.
- In other Cowboys' news, don't expect DE DeMarcus Ware (quad) to play this week.
- Don't forget your byes: The Saints and Raiders are off this week. Thursday's matchup is Seahawks-Cardinals.
- The Eagles haven't yet announced their starting quarterback for Week 7, but since we're not sure if Michael Vick's hamstring has healed, Nick Foles is the better bet. I've thought all along that Vick would get benched if he didn't get hurt first, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's made his last start of the season.
- Per our friends at Pro Football Focus, Bills RB C.J. Spiller played 17 snaps Sunday to Fred Jackson's 39. Expect Spiller's activity and workload (he had 12 touches in Week 6) to increase as his ankle gets healthier.
- More fun with snaps: Rams TE Lance Kendricks saw action on 66 snaps against the Texans, compared to Jared Cook's 37. Remember a few weeks ago, when we all thought Cook was ready to have a big year?
- Saints TE Jimmy Graham had an MRI Monday on his injured foot, and the results are TBD. Owners looking for Graham's bye-week replacement might want to consider a long-term solution instead of a matchup-based one, just in case the news is bad. May I suggest Washington's Jordan Reed, who caught four passes for 58 yards in Week 6, and is owned in just 2.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues?
- The Falcons haven't given many hints as to whether RB Steven Jackson (hamstring) will return this week. We'll have a better idea when practice resumes tomorrow.
- No news yet on Danny Amendola's head injury. Stay tuned.
- The status of Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts (shoulder) for Week 7 is TBD. After hearing that Shorts left the stadium with his arm in a sling on Sunday, things sounded a lot worse.
- Giants RB David Wilson doesn't need neck surgery, and is targeting a Week 10 return. Brandon Jacobs is nursing a hamstring injury, but should be ready to go Monday night.
- The Bills think QB Thad Lewis (foot) will be OK to play in Week 7. If Lewis can't go, either rookie Jeff Tuel or newly-signed Matt Flynn would start, and make the Dolphins' DST an even better play than they already are.
- Jets RB Mike Goodson is done for the season with torn knee ligaments. This development should give a few touches per game back to Bilal Powell.
- The return of LB Von Miller should help the Bronco defense.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) is probably a week or two away from returning to action. Plan accordingly, DeAngelo Williams owners. A committee is coming.
- Texans QB Matt Schaub (leg) is iffy for the Week 7 matchup at Kansas City. I know I wouldn't want to face that defense right now.
- The guess here is that Josh Freeman will start at quarterback for the Vikings on Monday. An official announcement could come Wednesday.
- The Seahawks seem to think WR Percy Harvin is getting close to returning. If you want to grab and stash Harvin, do it now and beat the rush. He won't be back this week, but after that, who knows?
- Only three snaps Sunday for Rams WR Tavon Austin? You can waive him any time.
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks is the subject of many trade rumors right now. If Nicks gets dealt, Rueben Randle (18.8 percent owned) becomes a top-30 fantasy wideout, at least. Are you willing to stash Randle with hopes of a big payoff?
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET. Stop by if you can.
- Finally, I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to my son, Luke, who turns six today. We're taking him to see his namesake, Panthers LB Luke Kuechly, on Sunday.
See you back here Friday morning.