Sure, RGIII played well on Monday night, but when you settle for that many field goals against one of the league's worst defenses, you're not going to leave yourself enough margin for error. The Giants let that one get away.
On to the news:
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson re-injured his hamstring on Sunday, and head coach Mike McCarthy said that Nelson would be "pressed hard to play this week." The target count for the other Green Bay receivers against the Vikings was: Greg Jennings 8, Jermichael Finley 7, Randall Cobb 6, James Jones 2. Cobb is still the best of the bunch, but Jennings appears to be back and worthy of starting against the Lions.
- Remember two weeks ago, when you picked up Lions WR Ryan Broyles to save your team? He's done for the season due to a torn ACL. Titus Young and his bad attitude won't be coming back to replace Broyles, and since Matthew Stafford can't throw to Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettigrew on every play, maybe TE Tony Scheffler will get more looks. Mike Thomas could produce more as well, but I'd want to see tha happen before recommending him.
- Your Thursday night game this week is Broncos at Raiders, and should feature the return of Darren McFadden.
- Barring injury, Nick Foles will be the Eagles' starting quarterback for the rest of the season. Anyone still stubbornly holding on to Michael Vick can cut him now.
- Who's starting at quarterback for the Jets this week? Rex Ryan hasn't decided yet, but I bet it's going to be someone bad.
- The Cardinals hope that WR Andre Roberts (ankle) can return this week against Seattle, though they don't yet know who will be throwing the ball. Again, I bet it's going to be someone bad.
- Percy Harvin? TBD, again.
- Julian Edelman's foot injury will probably keep him out Monday night. Texans-Pats isn't a bad matchup, eh?
- Seahawks WR Sidney Rice has reportedly passed his concussion tests so far, but let's see when he's back on the practice field.
- 49ers WR Mario Manningham left Sunday's game with a shoulder injury, and his status for Week 14 is uncertain. As colleague Mike Harmon pointed out yesterday, Manningham has been getting more looks since the Niners made their QB change.
- We'll need to wait at least a day or two to find out if Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will return this week.
- This article says that Chargers head coach Norv Turner may or may not think that Ryan Mathews has the vision to be a good NFL running back. I'm pretty sure Mathews doesn't have the vision to be on any of my 2013 fantasy teams, since I don't want him to tease me for another entire season.
- It doesn't sound like Eagles RB LeSean McCoy is all that close to returning from his concussion. The Bryce Brown Express rolls on!
- Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey said Monday that RB Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) is "probably very questionable" to return in Week 14. Since Rashad Jennings' status is up in the air due to a concussion, we could see plenty of Montell Owens on Sunday. Let's try not to have too many "Montell Owens will lead me to a fantasy title!" thoughts today, OK?
- Panthers WR Brandon LaFell is iffy for Week 14 due to a foot injury suffered against the Chiefs. We'll need to wait for practice updates for word on RB Jonathan Stewart's sprained ankle.
- My friend Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Try to be nice if he only wants to answer questions about the Ohio Bobcats' upcoming Independence Bowl battle against Louisiana-Monroe.
See you back here Friday morning!