After seeing LeSean McCoy carry 31 times for 184 yards and a score, I'm feeling pretty good about ranking him third on my preseason RB list. Sure, he might drop dead of exhaustion by Week 10, but he'll be fun to watch until then.
Thursday game: Jets-Patriots
On to the news:
- Were you ready to get Patriots RB Shane Vereen into your fantasy lineup after Stevan Ridley got banished due to fumbling issues? FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reported that Vereen had surgery Monday to repair a broken wrist, and will miss a few games. You've gotta think that Ridley will return to his starting role since the Pats don't have any better options, but LeGarrette Blount would be the gamble if you think Bill Belichick will stay away from Ridley. I wouldn't gamble on Blount, though.
- In other Pats' news, TE/Week 1 bust Zach Sudfeld might miss Thursday's game due to a hamstring injury. The Boston Herald reports that Rob Gronkowski is still "unlikely" to play, but I'll be anxiously awaiting Thursday's inactives to see Gronk's status.
- The Chiefs don't seem concerned - yet - with Jamaal Charles' bruised quad.
- Even as the Giants worked out other running backs, head coach Tom Coughlin said, "David Wilson’s a very talented young man that we need on our football team to be productive." He's right - the team doesn't have any better options, so Wilson probably won't get buried like he did last season unless his fumbling and blocking problems become unfixable. I'd plan to have Wilson in my Week 2 fantasy lineup.
- Chargers RB Ryan Mathews got 15 touches last night. About what we expected, right?
- In Cowboys' news, Tony Romo (bruised ribs) and Dez Bryant (foot) seem likely to play in Week 2, but let's see how practices go this week for Bryant.
- QB Chad Henne will start for the Jaguars this week in place of the injured Blaine Gabbert (laceration on throwing hand).
- Here's the Week 1 injury report from my colleague Ryan Fowler. LaRod Stephens-Howling, we hardly knew ye.
- Rams RB Isaiah Pead returns from his one-game suspension this week. That doesn't necessarily mean Pead will play much.
- Avoid the Steelers' kicking situation for now, as Shaun Suisham is dealing with a hamstring injury.
- Jets WR Jeremy Kerley (concussion) seems very iffy for Week 2.
- Here's a look at Eddie Lacy's up-and-down NFL debut. The Packers seem committed to Lacy, which is a good sign for his fantasy owners.
- Reminder from last week: Ravens WR Jacoby Jones will miss 4-6 weeks with a sprained knee ligament.
- My pal Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat roomtoday at 3 p.m. ET. Make sure to stop by!
I'll be back here later this morning with a baseball post, and on Friday with a new football entry.