This is my final blog entry for the 2013 NFL season. I find myself reminiscing this morning about Trent Richardson's expected breakout, how Michael Vick was allegedly the perfect fit for Chip Kelly's offense, and the upside of spending an eighth-round draft pick on Josh Gordon. A lot can change in four months, huh?
On to the news:
- The Packers are having a good week. QB Aaron Rodgers will start after missing almost eight full games with a broken collarbone, RB Eddie Lacy is expected to play despite a sprained ankle, and even WR Randall Cobb (broken leg) has a chance to return, though he's more of a longshot. I've got Rodgers at QB5 this week, and Lacy at RB4. Lacy's ankle has bothered him for awhile, and it hasn't affected his performance much.
- The Dallas Morning News calls Tony Romo's chances to play Sunday night "slim" and "unlikely." In other Cowboys' news, WR Dez Bryant says he'll play despite tweaking a back injury in Wednesday's practice.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson (knee) still sounds iffy for Sunday.
- The status of Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (groin, foot) is TBD for Sunday's season finale. Since Toby Gerhart (hamstring) isn't expected to play, maybe we'll get an encore fantasy hero performance from Matt Asiata. I predict 27 carries for 32 yards and four TDs.
- The Chiefs, who are locked into the AFC's fifth playoff seed, are expected to start using backups after one or two series against the Chargers. That means you need to bench Jamaal Charles and Alex Smith, and possibly start backup RB Knile Davis, who I have ranked at RB18 for the week. WR Dwayne Bowe is expected to miss the game with a concussion.
- Broncos WR Wes Welker (concussion) was limited in Thursday's practice, but it still doesn't sound like he'll play Sunday. Monitor Welker's status if you own him.
- Once again, Ryan Griffin is expected to be the only active tight end on the Texans' roster. Griffin has caught 11 passes for 128 yards in his last two games.
- In other Texans' news, it sounds like Jonathan Grimes will start at running back due to Dennis Johnson's hip injury, and the team hasn't decided on its Week 17 starting quarterback.
- The Bills haven't yet decided on their Week 17 quarterback, and WR Stevie Johnson's availability is still unlikely.
- Giants WR Rueben Randle missed Thursday's practice with a knee injury, and his status for Sunday is TBD.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (knee) didn't practice Thursday. There have been reports of a return this week for Stewart, but it doesn't sound promising.
- Falcons RB Jacquizz Rodgers (concussion) probably won't play on Sunday.
- Bengals TE Tyler Eifert (neck) hasn't practiced yet this week.
- Still no practice for Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee). He might play this week, but the outlook isn't great.
- Our weekly rankings are available, and will be updated by tomorrow morning pending injury news. Sunday's chat will be held from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. ET, with me leading off and Adam Meyer taking the reins at noon.
- Finally, if you have any questions, either before Sunday or during the offseason, please reach out via Facebook or Twitter.
Good luck this weekend!