Gio Bernard scored twice last night for the Bengals. Pretty good, but he did it on nine touches, while BenJarvus Green-Ellis carried 22 times for 75 yards. The Law Firm isn't going away just yet, Bernard owners.
On to the rest of the news:
- Ray Rice heads a long list of running backs that were injured in Week 2. Rice is day-to-day with a hip injury, and the Ravens don't seem to think the issue is serious, as no MRI was taken. However, Rice might be held out of practice this week in an effort to get him ready for Sunday, so you'll need to be patient regarding his status. Backup Bernard Pierce (owned in 33.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) can certainly be grabbed as a handcuff, or by someone willing to gamble on Rice missing a week.
- The Jaguars seem optimistic that RB Maurice Jones-Drew (ankle) will be ready to play Sunday, but he might miss some practice time.
- There's not much news available on Steven Jackson's thigh injury. His status for Week 3 is TBD.
- We probably won't know anything about Eddie Lacy's concussion until Wednesday. James Starks (2.1 percent owned) ran well in Lacy's place, but remember that Starks' prior lack of production is the reason the Packers drafted Lacy in the first place. Starks might be a solid injury replacement this week, but don't expect much more.
- Reggie Bush was limited in Week 2 after suffering a knee injury. Backup Joique Bell is owned in 69.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and would be in line for extensive action if Bush can't play.
- Reminder: Browns WR Josh Gordon returns this week from his two-game suspension, but he might be without QB Brandon Weeden (thumb). Either Jason Campbell or Brian Hoyer would start if Weeden can't. Ugh.
- Patriots WR Danny Amendola (groin) "wasn't moving well at all" at Monday's practice, according to the Boston Globe. You shouldn't expect to see Amendola this week. There's no news on TE Rob Gronkowski's status, but we'll keep an eye on his progress this week.
- The Texans sound upbeat about Andre Johnson's recovery from a concussion. This story details the NFL's concussion protocol, and could be useful for Lacy owners as well.
- We're probably in for a week of uncertainty regarding Larry Fitzgerald's hamstring. The Arizona Republic also reports that TE Rob Housler (ankle) "has a chance" to play this week, and when he does he'll be an interesting fantasy option. Head coach Bruce Arians had nice things to say about Housler during the offseason.
- Quick thought: If the Giants stop making David Wilson carry the ball like Larry Csonka, he might gain some yards.
- We should learn more today or tomorrow about Vernon Davis' hamstring injury.
- Chargers WR Malcom Floyd (neck) is unlikely to play in Week 3.
- Despite what you may have heard, the Redskins are not thinking about benching Robert Griffin III.
- The Titans benched WR Kenny Britt because of bad blocking and route running? That's not going to help him fulfill my annual breakout prediction.
- In other Titans' news, RB Shonn Greene had his knee scoped on Monday. Expect Greene to miss Week 3.
- The Vikings want to get WR Cordarrelle Patterson more touches, huh? Interesting.
- The Cowboys don't seem to think Dez Bryant's sore back is a big deal.
- My pal Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat roomtoday at 3 p.m. ET. Stop by if you can.
See you back here later this morning with a baseball post. The next football entry is scheduled for Friday morning.