Check out the "Laces Out" recap of last night's Panthers' win over the Bucs. Cam Newton completed 23 of 32 passes, and had two perfect throws dropped by his receivers. As impressive as Newton was, the Panthers' D looked even better. My fellow Charlotteans and I probably need to remind ourselves that the Bucs can make any team look like the 1985 Bears.
On to the rest of the news:
- Saints TE Jimmy Graham (foot) missed another practice on Thursday, and NOLA.com calls Graham's chances of playing against the Bills "more unlikely than not." If you own Graham, have a backup plan ready. Graham's backup, Ben Watson, wouldn't be a terrible alternative, but I'm partial to Arizona's Rob Housler, who has caught 11 passes in his last two games and is owned in 1.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- In other Saints' news, WR Lance Moore is expected to play after a three-game absence.
- It sounds like Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray will be ready to go Sunday after missing a game with a knee injury.
- Look for Falcons RB Steven Jackson to return Sunday after a four-game absence. Teammate Roddy White (hamstring/ankle) still isn't practicing, and appears doubtful.
- Remember your byes: The Ravens, Texans, Chargers, Titans, Bears and Colts are off this week.
- Percy Harvin has been practicing this week, but his playing status for Monday is unclear, and the Seahawks aren't sure how they'll use him if he does play. Because the game is Monday, you'll probably want to avoid Harvin for Week 8.
- The Bills seem to be leaning toward giving RB C.J. Spiller a week off to rest his injured ankle. Teammate Fred Jackson (knee) has been limited in practice this week, but is expected to play against the Saints.
- We should know later today if Eagles QB Michael Vick will play against the Giants, but we won't know until Sunday if he's at full speed. Nick Foles (concussion) hasn't been cleared to play, so rookie Matt Barkley will start if Vick can't.
- Speaking of the Giants, RB Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) still isn't practicing, so Peyton Hillis will probably carry the load against the Eagles. Hillis might be the slowest running back in the NFL, but he had 18 carries and five receptions on Monday.
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson says the hamstring injury that has been hampering him lately is well enough for a full-speed performance against the Packers. I've still got Peterson at RB4 this week.
- Packers WR James Jones (knee) is expected to miss his second consecutive game. Go get 'em, Jarrett Boykin.
- Patriots WR Danny Amendola (concussion) has been practicing this week, and appears ready to return to action against the Dolphins. I see Amendola as a flex option in standard leagues, and a WR2 in PPR formats. As of this morning, he's my WR28.
- One Cardinals' beat writer thinks RB Rashard Mendenhall (toe) should get a week off. If he does, Andre Ellington becomes an interesting option.
- Bengals WR Marvin Jones (shoulder) hasn't practiced this week, and is iffy for Sunday.
- Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was limited in Thursday's practice due to a groin injury, but there haven't been any hints that he'll be unavailable on Sunday.
- It's possible that 49ers WR Mario Manningham will be activated this week, but you probably don't want to start him yet.
- Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson expects to play Sunday despite a foot injury that has limited him this week.
- Our weekly rankings will be updated late tonight after the Friday practice news comes in.
- A new edition of the Fantasy 15 podcast, previewing all the Week 8 games, will be ready this afternoon. Subscribe on iTunes if you want to make my weekend a little less dreary.
See you back here Tuesday morning!