Losing on a safety in overtime, losing Geno Atkins to a torn ACL, Gio Bernard leaving with a rib injury... tough night for the Bengals. At least Bernard and A.J. Green were awesome.
On to the news:
- C.J. Spiller (ankle) is expected to play Sunday after missing Week 8. But, how effective will Spiller be, as he's seen a limited number of snaps over the past month? Excellent question. I've got him at RB26 right now.
- Texans RB Arian Foster (hamstring) went through a full practice on Thursday, while teammate Ben Tate (ribs) was limited. The status of both backs for Sunday is TBD, but Foster owners should feel a lot better than they did a few days ago.
- The Falcons hope to get WR Roddy White (ankle, hamstring) back for today's practice, which would presumably put him on track to play Sunday. White would be a shaky fantasy start even if active this week.
- Packers WR James Jones (knee) has been very limited in practice this week, and you shouldn't count on him for Monday night.
- Don't forget your byes: The Cardinals, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Giants and 49ers are off this week.
- Marshawn Lynch (knee) hasn't practiced yet this week. Hmm ... reports have suggested Lynch is expected to play, but let's watch this situation closely.
- In other Seahawks' news, WR Percy Harvin will not make his 2013 debut this week.
- RB DeMarco Murray (knee) has been practicing for the Cowboys. Murray appears ready to return, but that's what we thought last week, so have your backup plan ready until we hear confirmation on Sunday morning.
- Rams RB Zac Stacy (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday, and should be ready to play on Sunday.
- Christian Ponder has been taking first-team QB reps for the Vikings, but a decision hasn't been made between him and Josh Freeman. I know - you're on the edge of your seats waiting for news.
- RB Knile Davis might start to get a bit more playing time for the Chiefs, as they try to prevent Jamaal Charles from collapsing due to exhaustion. This doesn't make Davis fantasy-relevant, though.
- Panthers head coach Ron Rivera says that RB DeAngelo Williams is his starter, despite the impending return of Jonathan Stewart. As of this morning, I've got Williams at RB28, Mike Tolbert at RB31 and Stewart at RB45. In other words, it's a mess.
- Our weekly rankingswill be updated late tonight after the dust settles on Friday practices.
See you back here Tuesday morning.