Christmas sure can wreak havoc with fantasy football preparation. After today's blog entry, I'll skip tomorrow and post the week's final update on Saturday morning. Try not to forget.
On to the news:
- With Nick Foles (broken hand) on injured reserve, Michael Vick will start at quarterback this week for the Eagles. Vick is still available in 43 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and can be plugged in as a top-15 play. If I owned Matt Ryan, I'd seriously consider grabbing Vick.
- The status of Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm) is still uncertain, as he still hasn't been cleared to play by team doctors. If you own Gronk, wait as long as you can, and start him if he plays.
- One Bears' beat writer thinks RB Matt Forte (ankle) will play against the Lions.
- Texans RB Arian Foster (irregular heartbeat) was back on the practice field Wednesday, and should be ready to go Sunday.
- The Browns are still hoping that RB Trent Richardson (ankle) will play this week, but picking up Montario Hardesty doesn't sound like a bad idea. The Browns have a huge mess on their hands at quarterback, with Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy both suffering from sprained shoulders. Practice squad player Thad Lewis might end up taking the snaps against the Steelers.
- Reminder: The teams whose playoff seeds are locked up and theoretically have nothing to play for are the Falcons, Colts and Bengals. The Colts say they won't slow down this week, but the Falcons and Bengals might.
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks might not play this week. I guess I can get off his bandwagon now.
- Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin reportedly left Wednesday's practice with a knee injury. Stay tuned.
- Steelers TE Heath Miller (knee) is done for the season. WR Mike Wallace (hamstring) is TBD after missing Wednesday's practice.
- Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) is unlikely to return for Week 17. I know a guy who drafted MJD first overall - seriously.
- Brian Hoyer will start at quarterback for the Cardinals this week. Do you think that Larry Fitzgerald died in another life, and this season is his purgatory?
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice, but it doesn't sound like he'll play against the Saints.
- If Terrelle Pryor doesn't start for the Raiders on Sunday, he'll probably get a decent number of snaps as a change-of-pace for Matt Leinart. Carson Palmer is out with cracked ribs.
- TE Brandon Pettigrew (ankle) still isn't practicing for the Lions.
- Alex Green will return to the Packers' backfield this weekend, and WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring) has a chance to play as well.
- 49ers TE Vernon Davis (concussion) didn't practice Wednesday.
- Titans WR Kendall Wright plans to return for Week 17 after missing a game with cracked ribs.
- I'll be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Stop by with some questions, OK?
See you back here Saturday morning.