On last night's game: I love you, Ryan Mathews. Really, I do. But I just can't do this any more. We've had some really good times, but the emotional anguish that our relationship causes is too much for me to handle. How can I put my heart and soul into this if you keep getting inexplicably removed from games so that Jackie Battle and Ronnie Brown can run? Anyway, next year, I don't think I'll be drafting you, and if you gain 1,500 yards, I'll just have to live with it. It's not you ... it's Norv.
As always, if you need help getting ready for Sunday's games after reading today's blog entry, here's what you can do before kickoff:
- Send your questions to me via Facebook or Twitter. You can also tweet lineup questions to my colleagues Joel Beall, Ryan Fowler and Mike Harmon.
- Listen to hosts Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy on the FOX Fantasy Freaks on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can tweet questions to those guys as well.
- Join a pregame chat with Beall on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. He'll lead off. I'm taking one last chat bye week.
- Review my Week 9 rankings, along with all the great information at our fantasy football news page.
On to the news:
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson hasn't practiced this week, but will try to do so today, and says he's aiming to play on Sunday. We should know more about Nelson's status later today.
- Cowboys RB Felix Jones is now dealing with a shoulder injury in addition to his bruised knee, and his status for Sunday's game is uncertain. With DeMarco Murray expected to miss another game, those looking for a Week 9 running back might want to grab Phillip Tanner, who is owned in 2.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. If Jones can't play, Tanner projects to get a full workload.
- Remember your byes: The Patriots, Jets, 49ers and Rams are off. Sorry to all those who wanted to start Mark Sanchez again.
- It sounds like the Steelers will have Isaac Redman back this week, with Rashard Mendenhall's (Achilles) status iffy. Jonathan Dwyer missed Wednesday's practice, but is expected to be out there today. I'd plan to start Dwyer as an RB2 even if Mendenhall is active and stealing some carries. How can they take Dwyer out of the lead role after he's run so well over the past couple of games?
- You heard that Michael Vick is keeping his job - at least for now - and starting Monday against the Saints, right? I've got Vick at QB7, because the Saints' defense is horrible. Start Vick if you have him.
- The status of Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill (leg) for this week's game is up in the air. Matt Moore will get the start against the Colts if Tannehill can't go.
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles injured his neck in last night's game, but it doesn't sound serious. As disappointed as Charles' owners must be in his performance, I wouldn't quit on him yet.
- Panthers WR Brandon LaFell practiced Thursday after sitting out Wednesday due to concussion-related symptoms. I've got LaFell at WR35 - he's a solid start against the poor Redskins' pass defense.
- The Redskins say they're going to get speedy WR Aldrick Robinson more involved in the game plan. Hmm ...
- The Jaguars figure to be without both starting cornerbacks again this week. It's time to step up, Calvin Johnson. Your fantasy owners are as impatient as my New York/New Jersey friends waiting on gas lines this morning.
- Saints RB Darren Sproles missed Thursday's practice due to a hand injury. I haven't seen any indications that it's serious, but keep an eye on this.
- Texans RB Ben Tate will probably miss Sunday's game with a hamstring injury. Drafting him on all my teams didn't quite work out, huh?
Good luck this weekend!