On to the news:
- Broncos WR Wes Welker (concussion) practiced on Thursday, and appears likely to play Sunday night. TE Julius Thomas (knee) was limited, but it sounds like he'll play as well.
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (groin) hasn't practiced this week, but expects to play against the Packers. He's probably right, but I'd still have a backup plan ready for Sunday morning if I owned him.
- In other Vikings' news, WR Greg Jennings (Achilles' tendon) vows that he'll play Sunday. Does anyone still care?
- The final round of byes occurs this weekend. The Bills, Bengals, Eagles and Seahawks are off.
- Redskins TE Jordan Reed (concussion) didn't practice Thursday, and his status for Sunday is very iffy. Teammate Leonard Hankerson (knee) is done for the season.
- Raiders WR Denarius Moore (shoulder) didn't practice Thursday, and is TBD for Sunday. Teammate Darren McFadden (hamstring) figures to be out again.
- Lions WR Nate Burleson (arm) is expected to return this week after a seven-game absence. The obvious lesson from Burleson's injury is that you should always get your pizza delivered. Picking it up is fraught with danger.
- Signs point to Cowboys WR Miles Austin (hamstring) returning this week. Let's see if he's been Wally Pipped by Terrance Williams.
- Colts RB Trent Richardson (calf) was limited in Thursday's practice, but it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. It's not like he could be any less effective, right?
- It sounds like Panthers DE Charles Johnson (knee) will miss Sunday's game after getting leg-whipped against the Patriots.
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (groin) was back at practice on Thursday. Why would any wide receiver pursuing a big new contract miss a game against the Cowboys' defense?
- The Jaguars' website reports that Jordan Todman and Justin Forsett will get carries on Sunday, even though Maurice Jones-Drew will remain the lead back. Hmm ... why would head coach Gus Bradley say that and cause us to worry unnecessarily? Am I asking too many questions today?
- Chargers WR Eddie Royal (toe) hasn't practiced this week. Keep an eye on his status.
- It's still possible - but unlikely - that 49ers WR Michael Crabtree (Achilles' tendon) will be active Monday night. Week 13 sounds more feasible.
- Our weekly staff positional rankings will be updated late tonight.
- Today's edition of the Fantasy 15 podcast (expect it this afternoon) will preview Week 12 on a game-by-game basis. Subscribe now!
- Our usual Sunday pregame chat will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. ET, with Adam Meyer leading off, Joel Beall in Hour 2, and me closing things out as kickoff approaches. Stop by if you can.
- Finally, if you have questions leading up to kickoff, ask me on Facebook or Twitter.
Good luck in Week 12!