That Bryce Brown recommendation didn't really work out, huh? Yeesh.
As always, if you need help getting ready for Sunday's games after reading today's blog entry, here's what you can do before kickoff:
- Send your questions to me via Facebook or Twitter. You can also tweet lineup questions to my colleagues Joel Beall, Ryan Fowler and Mike Harmon.
- Listen to hosts Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy on the FOX Fantasy Freaks on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can tweet questions to those guys as well.
- Join a pregame chat with Beall and me on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. He'll lead off with the first hour, and I'll close things out.
- Review my Week 15 rankings, along with all the great information at our fantasy football news page.
On to the news:
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant says he's playing on Sunday, but he'll need to wear a special glove and/or a splint to protect his broken finger, and there's apparently a chance that he can do permanent damage to the finger if delays surgery and plays through the injury. If you own Bryant, have a backup plan ready, because his status isn't a sure thing yet. If he plays ... I have him at WR20, and that's honestly a guess. I have no idea if he'll be effective. The range of possible outcomes is pretty wide.
- Redskins QB Robert Griffin III (knee) was limited in practice for the second straight day, and the Redskins probably won't know his status until Sunday. RGIII is currently QB18 in my rankings; I'm no doctor, but I suspect that his running game will be curtailed if he plays, and that would have a significant effect on his fantasy impact. RGIII ranks 18th in passing yardage and 16th in touchdown passes - his running ability changes everything.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (knee) hasn't practiced this week, and the buzz from New York is that he probably won't play Sunday. There were a lot of questions in Thursday's chat about David Wilson, who is ranked at RB21 in anticipation of Bradshaw's absence. I'm not as bullish on Wilson as some others are. It was one game, he's not a big guy, he still might have pass-blocking issues that will keep him off the field (even if the alternative is Kregg Lumpkin), etc. Wilson is very talented, but I'd be fearful of putting too many eggs in his basket.
- The status of Falcons WR Roddy White (knee) will be a gametime decision.
- With Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) out again, Montell Owens will again carry the load for the Jaguars. WR Cecil Shorts is expected to return to action as well.
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring) hasn't practiced this week, and is unlikely to play.
- Jets RB Bilal Powell broke his toe last week, but Rex Ryan thinks he'll play Monday night.
- In case you missed it, Ryan Lindley will start at quarterback for the Cardinals on Sunday. In related news, I have the Lions' defense ranked first this week. It's a tough call between them and the Seahawks, though.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) and WR Brandon LaFell (toe) both missed practice again on Thursday. I heard AP reporter Steve Reed say on the radio yesterday that Stewart is probably another week away from playing, and he didn't sound optimistic about LaFell's chances to suit up, either.
- Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew (ankle) hasn't practiced this week, and appears unlikely to play. Teammate Tony Scheffler looks like a top-10 TE play, and he's available in 96.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski didn't practice Thursday. No matter what you may have heard earlier this week, the chances of him playing Sunday are remote.
- Chargers RB Ronnie Brown (hamstring) hasn't practiced this week. Do you think that Ryan Mathews' chances of scoring a TD might increase just a little if he's on the field for every single down?
- Saints RB Chris Ivory (hamstring) missed another practice on Thursday.
- The status of Seahawks WR Sidney Rice (toe) is TBD. He hasn't practiced yet this week.
- Rams WR Danny Amendola (foot) has been limited in practice, but might return to action on Sunday.
Good luck this week!