Sorry for the delay today, folks. Technical difficulties ...
This week’s quarterback controversy in Chicago should be fun. Hey, Marc Trestman – you want to bench the guy who’s thrown for 1,155 yards and eight touchdowns over his last three games? Go ahead, but have fun listening to sports talk radio.
On to the news:
- The Vikings don’t seem to think that Adrian Peterson’s foot injury is very serious, but he’ll be in a walking boot for a few days, and we won’t know much more about his status until he’s out of the boot and able to run. With Toby Gerhart nursing a hamstring injury, the Vikes’ backfield situation will be in limbo until practice begins Wednesday, at least. If you own Peterson, you need a backup plan.
- In case you missed it, Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is done for the season with torn ligaments in his knee. See you next year, Gronk.
- Broncos WR Wes Welker (concussion) seems like a longshot to play against the Chargers on Thursday. There’s not much time for Welker to get through all the league-mandated protocols.
- Dolphins RB Lamar Miller is also dealing with a concussion, but his chances are better than Welker’s because he has a Sunday game. Those looking for a back might want to grab Daniel Thomas, who’s owned in 9.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew isn’t expected to test his injured hamstring until Friday’s practice, according to head coach Gus Bradley. Backup Jordan Todman (0.3 percent owned) would get the start.
- Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that he’s thinking about benching QB Robert Griffin III to keep him healthy. If it happens, Kirk Cousins would be an interesting plug-and-play QB against a Falcons’ defense that ranks 20th in passing yards allowed and tied for third-worst with 25 TD passes allowed.
- Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that the team is crafting a gameplan for Matt Flynn, and not Aaron Rodgers, for Sunday’s game in Dallas. That doesn’t mean Rodgers has been ruled out, but rather that he hasn’t yet been cleared. Stay tuned.
- The Panthers are hoping that RB Jonathan Stewart (torn MCL) will return in Week 17. Say goodbye, fantasy owners.
- Vikings QB Christian Ponder (concussion) has been cleared to play, but the team hasn’t announced a Week 15 starter yet.
- The Titans expect to get TE Delanie Walker (concussion) back this week.
- Tough break for the Cardinals, who have lost rookie CB Tyrann Mathieu for the season due to a knee injury.
- According to the Bills’ website, WR Marquise Goodwin will start to get more playing time. That’s not cause for a fantasy celebration, but it’s something to keep an eye on.
- Our latest concussion victim is Browns RB Willis McGahee, who looked to have a nice Week 15 matchup against the helpless Bears’ run defense. Get well soon, Willis!
- Raiders RB Rashad Jennings (concussion) says he has been cleared to play in Week 15. They’ll still give Marcel Reece some work after his big game against the Jets, right?
- Rams WR Tavon Austin tweaked an ankle on Sunday, and will be day-to-day when practice begins this week.
See you back here Friday morning.