Playing the second half on one leg, eh, Ben Roethlisberger? Not bad.
Here's your regular reminder about where you can find fantasy advice as kickoff approaches this weekend:
- Tweet the FOXSports.com fantasy team. I'm at @jhalpin37, and you can also contact Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), Joel Beall (@FOXSportsBeall) and Mike Harmon (@SwollenDome).
- Post a message on the Facebook pages for Harmon, Fowler and me.
- Listen to FOX Fantasy Freaks Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy, on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can also tweet those guys (@FantasyFreaks).
- Chat with Fowler, Beall and me on FOXSports.com Sunday from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. I'll be in the 10 a.m. slot this week.
On to the news:
Check out the greatest fantasy
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson was back at practice on Thursday, and while his status for Sunday is still unclear, he's headed in the right direction. QB Christian Ponder (hip) seems less likely to play, and we should know more about his status after today's practice. Joe Webb will start at QB if Ponder can't.
- WR Percy Harvin suffered a minor tear of a ligament in one of his fingers this week, but should be OK to play, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. In Webb's three starts at the end of last season, Harvin caught 20 passes for 241 yards and a touchdown.
- Falcons RB Michael Turner (groin) missed Wednesday's practice, but was back in a limited fashion on Thursday and is expected to play against the Panthers. The same goes for WR Julio Jones (hamstring).
- Reminder: Eagles QB Michael Vick and WR Jeremy Maclin are expected to return to action Sunday after three-game absences.
- The Texans don't sound optimistic about the chances for WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) to play Sunday, and we should know more after today's practice. The Texans might run as many times as the Broncos this week.
- Patriots WR Wes Welker was limited in Thursday's practice due to a knee injury, and was "photographed at a charity event Tuesday night with a wrap on his right wrist," according to the Boston Globe. Fortunately, the Pats are very forthcoming about player injuries ... or not. Seriously, don't panic if you own Welker, but keep an eye on his status as kickoff approaches.
- Cowboys WR Laurent Robinson (shoulder) says he'll play Sunday night, but he hasn't practiced yet this week. If Robinson does play, he'll have to share looks with the returning Miles Austin, along with usual suspects Jason Witten and Dez Bryant. A lot of people asked me about Robinson in yesterday's chat, and the stars don't seem to be aligned for him to have a good week.
- Lions RB Kevin Smith (ankle) will try to practice today, but it doesn't sound like he'll be ready to face the Vikings on Sunday. Go get Maurice Morris if you need a running back.
- Saints RB Mark Ingram hasn't practiced this week due to turf toe. If Ingram can't play against the Titans, Chris Ivory will be active, but Pierre Thomas would be the better fantasy play.
- This notebook has the latest on the gimpy Raiders, who don't expect to have the injured foot trio of RB Darren McFadden, WR Denarius Moore and WR Jacoby Ford against the Packers. Are you expecting a lot of garbage time passing for the Raiders, like I am? If so, and you need a wide receiver this week, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Chaz Schilens are interesting options.
- Packers RB James Starks (ankle) probably won't play Sunday, making Ryan Grant a nice play against the Raiders' 28th-ranked run defense. Rookie Brandon Saine is an intriguing option and probably has more upside, but Grant is the safer bet for more carries.
- The Bucs are optimistic about getting QB Josh Freeman (shoulder) back this week. Freeman practiced Thursday, and was just about a full participant, according to the St. Petersburg Times.
- Titans WR Nate Washington hasn't practiced this week due to an ankle injury, but it sounds like he'll play Sunday. Make sure Washington is active before starting him.
- It's possible, but unlikely, that Rams QB Sam Bradford (ankle) will play Monday. Third stringer Tom Brandstater is the probable starter, and because of that, you should check your league's free-agent wire to see if the Seahawks' DST is available. They're owned in less than 25 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Giants WR Mario Manningham (knee) practiced on a limited basis Thursday, but his status for Sunday is still unclear. RB Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) didn't practice Thursday, and you'll need to keep an eye on his status if you own him.
- This week's visitor to Revis Island is Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe. Enjoy your stay, Dwayne!
- Broncos RB Willis McGahee (knee) hasn't practiced yet this week, but is expected to play against the Bears. Watch his status closely.
- Bengals RB Cedric Benson (foot) missed Thursday's practice, but the issue doesn't sound serious.
- Bears head coach Lovie Smith said Thursday that Marion Barber will start at running back, but Kahlil Bell - the superior receiver of the two - will play. Don't put all your eggs in Barber's basket, OK? I bet Bell gets a dozen touches.
- Bills TE Scott Chandler (ankle) isn't expected to return this week.
- Ravens PK Billy Cundiff missed Thursday's practice due to a calf injury, and the details are unclear. Stay tuned.
- Good news for the Colts? Really? TE Dallas Clark (leg) is practicing, and appears likely to return after missing three games. I wouldn't start him, though.
performances over the last 10
See you back here Tuesday morning. Good luck this weekend!