Mmm ... 5,000 calories in one day.
Three games and an upcoming Ndamukong Suh suspension are in the books, but we've got 13 more contests to go this weekend. Here's your weekly reminder about where you can find fantasy advice as kickoff approaches:
- Tweet the FOXSports.com fantasy team. I'm at @jhalpin37, and you can also contact Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), Joel Beall (@FOXSportsBeall) and Mike Harmon (@SwollenDome).
- Post a message on the Facebook pages for Harmon, Fowler and me.
- Listen to FOX Fantasy Freaks Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy, on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can also tweet those guys (@FantasyFreaks).
- Chat with Beall and me on FOXSports.com Sunday from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. He'll manage the first half of the festivities, and I'll jump in at 11:30 to close things out.
On to the news:
Check out the greatest fantasy
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson hopes to return to the practice field today and play on Sunday despite a sprained ankle. This is far from a done deal, and at this point I wouldn't bet on Peterson being active. However, if you own Peterson OR if you just picked up Toby Gerhart, you'll need to monitor this situation. If Peterson misses practice again today, we can probably count him out. If he doesn't, we might not know anything official until noon ET on Sunday.
- With Fred Jackson done for the season due to a broken leg, C.J. Spiller gets first crack at the lead back role for the Bills. Spiller is explosive but not very big, and some people are speculating on rookie Johnny White because he seems to be a better between-the-tackles runner than Spiller. White may be an interesting flier in a deep league, but for now, Spiller is your target if you can still get him. On projected workload alone, he's worth a start against the Jets.
- P.S. The Bills picked up RB Tashard Choice. The mention of Choice's name gets fantasy people intrigued, but remember that he's been cut by two teams in the last month.
- Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (knee) missed Thursday's practice, and his status for Sunday is TBD. Here's head coach Norv Turner: "Hopefully Ryan will be all right. But if he’s not, (Mike) Tolbert and (Curtis) Brinkley will take the load." Fellow Mathews owners, you're not alone in beating your heads against the wall due to this guy's brittleness. He's like a porcelain doll, but more delicate.
- Michael Vick (ribs) missed another practice for the Eagles on Thursday, and appears unlikely to play against the Patriots. WR DeSean Jackson (foot) practiced after sitting out Wednesday, while WR Jeremy Maclin (shoulder, hamstring) sat out after practicing Wednesday. The Eagles-Pats game is late, so if we don't hear news on this trio later today, you might need to resort to your backup plans. Jackson is the most likely of the trio to play, and the Vince Young-Riley Cooper connection may once again evoke memories of Montana-to-Rice. Or not.
- In other Eagles' news, CB Nnamdi Asomugha was carried off the practice field Thursday with a knee injury. That's not something you want to happen with the Patriots coming to town.
- Here's an update on the Raiders' long list of injuries. It sounds like we might see WR Denarius Moore (foot) on Sunday, with the chances not as good forWRs Jacoby Ford (foot) and Darrius Heyward-Bey (concussion), along with still-inactive RB Darren McFadden (foot).
- After posting a quick 57 yards from scrimmage on seven carries and three receptions, Lions RB Kevin Smith left Thursday's game with a sprained ankle. Smith's Week 13 status is TBD, but keep your fingers crossed, because his role in the team's offense is big. I started Smith in one league, and after getting excited about his strong start, his injury almost ruined my Thanksgiving dinner. Almost.
- Getting depressed about all the bad injury news in today's blog post? How about the positive story that Falcons WR Julio Jones appears on track to return to action this week? It's a Thanksgiving miracle!
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, a woman in a California Wal-Mart reportedly pepper-sprayed people while waiting on line for an xBox late Thursday night. I love the holiday traditions like retail store violence.
- A week after predicting his Week 12 return, Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) still isn't practicing, and is unlikely to play Monday night. Teammate Mario Manningham (knee) missed Thursday's practice, so let's keep an eye on him as well.
- Browns RB Montario Hardesty reportedly might return Sunday after missing four games with a calf injury. If he does, look for some sort of timeshare between he and Chris Ogbonnaya.
- Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb practiced again Thursday, and may return this week after missing three games with a toe injury. In other Cardinals news, you may have missed this Monday article about the team needing to manage RB Beanie Wells' workload due to his knee problems. A healthy Wells would be in a great spot against the Rams, and while you can still start him, don't expect 20 carries.
- Did everyone notice yesterday that Felix Jones' new job description is "kick returner?" Raise your hand if you picked him in the fourth round of a draft.
- Kyle Orton will not be ready to start for the Chiefs on Sunday night, so Tyler Palko once again gets the chance to reward owners of the fantasy defense that plays against him. This week, it's the Steelers.
- You remember that WR Andre Johnson will return for the Texans on Sunday, with Matt Leinart throwing to him, right? You should, since the Jaguars are likely to be without five defensive starters for the game. Leinart won't throw enough for you to take a big risk on him, though.
- Colts RB Joseph Addai is practicing again, and Indianapolis Star beat writer Philip B. Wilson tweeted on Wednesday that if Addai practices fully this week, he'll probably start against the Panthers. You may remember the Panthers as the team that made Kevin Smith look like Emmitt Smith last week. With that in mind, keep a close eye on Addai's status.
- WR Emmanuel Sanders will return for the Steelers on Sunday night. You need to be in a deep league for that to mean anything.
- Attention, PPR owners: 49ers WR Michael Crabtree caught six passes for 54 yards last night, and has 33 receptions in his last six games. I'm just saying.
- Redskins WR Santana Moss (hand) practiced fully on Thursday, and is on track to return after a four-game absence.
- Seahawks WR Sidney Rice (knee) hasn't practiced yet this week. Ben Obomanu has been limited. Doug Baldwin might be the last man standing in the Seattle receiving corps.
performances over the last 10
See you back here Tuesday morning, and make sure to buy me something during your Black Friday shopping trip!