Hey, fantasy baseball owners! It's Fowler pinch blogging for John Halpin who is out of town this weekend. I, too, am on a three-day road trip, but lucky enough to return to my alma mater, THE Bowling Green State University where I hopefully inspired and encouraged future journalist and broadcasters to find a job where you write about fantasy players, fantasy leagues and fantasy owners, but somehow manage to get paid in real money. It's good work ... if you can find it.
So, after a few speaking engagements back on campus, I plopped down in front of my computer to learn the fantasy baseball world had been flipped upside down in the 18 hours since I last looked at my lineup.
Here are the hot points:
- Bryce Harper is getting called up by the Washington Nationals and will make his Major League debut on Saturday. He's struggled a little bit at Triple-A Syracuse this season, but it would be silly not to pick him up.
- Ryan Zimmerman to the DL. If you're lucky and he's still available in your league, I like Mike Aviles as the 15-day bandage at third. If not Aviles, Chipper Jones is probably the next most available option.
- Brad Lidge to the DL. If you've been paying attention, Henry Rodriguez should have already been on your roster.
- Jordan Walden is out and Scott Downs is in as closer of the Angels.
- Bobby Abreu cut and Mike Trout called up. I just picked up Trout (10:50 PM EST).
- Carl Crawford is out at least 3 more months. Owners of Crawford already assumed they'd be without him for awhile and made necessary roster adds.
- Delmon Young was arrested. We are waiting to learn his punishment.
Phew, busy Friday.
Good luck in all your daily and weekly leagues this weekend. John's blog will return on Monday.