Matt Kemp finished April with a .417 BA, 12 homers, 25 RBI, 24 runs scored, two stolen bases and a 1.382 OPS. That's pretty good, right?
R.A. Dickey's decent start against the Astros raised our streaming pitcher record to 20-9 for the season. Today, let's go back to the well with early-season favorite Edinson Volquez (4.9 percent owned) at PETCO against the Brewers. Hopefully, Ryan Braun got all the home runs out of his system last night.
On to the news:
- Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre is questionable for tonight's game due to leg soreness, and the Dallas Morning News suggests that he might sit out tomorrow's contest as well. Teammate Josh Hamilton (back) hopes to return tonight. Fortunately for the Rangers, they can rest one or two of their starters every day and still kick the crap out of everyone.
- Rays 3B Evan Longoria left Tuesday's game with a sore knee, and will probably get tests done on it today. He's day-to-day.
- Delmon Young's suspension will keep him out until Friday, but FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi thinks Young already had job-security issues.
- Jesus Montero made his sixth appearance of the season at catcher last night. With Miguel Olivo expected to go on the DL today due to a groin injury, Montero will share time behind the plate with John Jaso for awhile. It looks like Montero will reach the 20-game threshold for keeper league owners. With his big bat, that's a big deal.
- Twins 1B Justin Morneau is heading back to Minnesota to have his sore left wrist - on which he had surgery in October - checked out. Keep Morneau on your bench until further notice.
- Cliff Lee will miss at least one more start for the Phillies, but hopes to return next Wednesday.
- Red Sox 3B Kevin Youkilis was scratched again Monday due to a stiff back. He's day-to-day.
- This story from the Yankees' website contains conflicting information about Nick Swisher's strained hamstring. Apparently, manager Joe Girardi thinks Swisher will be out until next Tuesday, while Swisher hopes to be back by this Thursday. For fantasy lineup purposes, I'll believe the manager until I hear otherwise.
- Andy Pettitte appears close to joining the Yankee rotation. You know his 40th birthday is next month, right?
- Mets SP Mike Pelfrey will undergo Tommy John surgery today, and return sometime in 2013. Ugh.
- After a strong Monday rehab start, Felipe Paulino is expected to make his first start of the season for the Royals on Saturday. See if Paulino is still available in AL-only leagues.
- Nationals RP Brad Lidge will undergo hernia surgery today, and hopes to start throwing again in three weeks. Henry Rodriguez's ownership level is up to 52.2 percent in FOXSports.com leagues, so your window is closing if you want to get him.
- 1B Allen Craig will make his 2012 debut tonight for the Cardinals. Ditto for Johnny Damon and the Indians, though Damon might sit against White Sox lefty Chris Sale.
- Padres OF Carlos Quentin (knee) is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment tonight, and could return to the lineup as soon as next week.
- Remember when Evan Meek was an All-Star and closer-in-waiting for the Pirates? He got sent to Triple A yesterday.
- So far, the playing-time victim of Mike Trout's promotion in Anaheim has been Peter Bourjos, who sat for the second straight game on Monday. I realize that Bourjos has started slowly this season, but do the Angels know that Vernon Wells' on-base percentage is .247 since the beginning of 2011? Two-forty-seven!
- The Dodgers hope to get 1B/OF Juan Rivera back in the lineup on Wednesday.
- Cubs SP Ryan Dempster (quad) is likely to come off the DL on Thursday.
- In other Cubs' news, Bryan LaHair is a hitting machine.
- Orioles' pitching prospect Dylan Bundy gave up a hit last night? What a stiff.
- Braves OF Jason Heyward missed Monday's game due to oblique soreness. J-Hey will probably sit again today, but could return tomorrow.
- Mets closer Frank Francisco is day-to-day due to a hamstring injury. I hate to be a wet blanket, but it's just a matter of time until Frankie Frank's first DL stint of the season, right?
- I'll make my weekly appearance in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Please clear your schedule and stop by with some questions.
See you back here tomorrow morning.
Check out more Fantasy Baseball News and Notes.