So, the Blue Jays signed Vladimir Guerrero, huh? Yeesh. Did they watch him play last season? If so, they must be really sick and tired of Adam Lind. Don't worry about Vlad unless you're in an AL-only league.
Kevin Correia's solid outing raised our streaming starter record to 26-12 for the season. The weekend selections are Pittsburgh's James McDonald (owned in 8.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Astros on Friday, the underrated R.A. Dickey (15.3 percent owned) at Miami on Saturday, and A.J. Burnett (4.3 percent owned) against those same Astros on Sunday. Since coming off the DL, Burnett has had three pretty good starts mixed in with a horrendous one in which he allowed 12 runs in two-and-two-thirds innings. As Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry, do you feel lucky today?
On to the news:
- Yankees OF Brett Gardner was supposed to come off the DL and play on Thursday, but he re-injured his elbow and will miss another "15-25 days," according to the team website.
- In a Thursday mailbag, the beat writer for the White Sox' official website wrote that if Chris Sale's Thursday MRI comes back clean, he'll get another chance to start with Addison Reed becoming the closer. This was an opinion, and not a fact, but it makes sense. I've been saying all along that I wouldn't sell my Reed stock just yet, and I'm about to start buying.
- Angels' catcher Chris Iannetta is expected to miss 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery today to repair his fractured right wrist. Prospect Hank Conger is currently on the minor-league DL with an elbow injury, but when he's ready, try to grab him in deep mixed and AL-only leagues.
- Reminder: Andy Pettitte will make his first start of the season on Sunday against the Mariners. Reminder: Pettitte is almost 40 years old, didn't pitch in 2011, and had trouble breaking 90 mph on the radar gun in the minors.
- Chien-Ming Wang might be just one rehab start away from rejoining the Nationals. Is it wrong that hearing his name always makes me think of the golf shop scene in Caddyshack? "Hey, Wang, I think this club is restricted, so don't tell 'em you're Jewish."
- The Rays placed 1B/PH Brandon Allen on the DL with a strained quad.
- Are the Dodgers losing patience with SS Dee Gordon? Not yet, but the time might be coming. The guy has a .268 on-base percentage with nine errors. We said here during spring training that Gordon might lead the majors in steals if he hits enough to keep his job, and his leash is probably getting short.
- Josh Beckett got lit up last night, and heard plenty of boos from the fans at Fenway Park. After the game, Beckett brushed off questions about his golf outing last week, a couple of days before his start got skipped. None of this has any fantasy relevance whatsoever, but it's fun to read.
- Orioles SP Jason Hammel (knee), who had a start pushed back this week, is tentatively scheduled to pitch on Monday.
See you back here Monday morning.
Check out more Fantasy Baseball News and Notes.