Hey, Brett Lawrie owners: Watch this video of your guy throwing a helmet at the home plate umpire last night. I'm going to place my bets on a 10-game suspension.
Dillon Gee didn't get it done for us last night, dropping our streaming starter record to 29-14. Today's pick is Rick Porcello (owned in 9.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Twins, and Thursday's is Edinson Volquez (9.5 percent owned) at PETCO against the depleted Dodgers.
On to the news:
- The Yankees have placed RP David Robertson on the DL with a strained oblique. It sounds like Robertson won't be out longer than the required 15 days, but until then, try to grab Rafael Soriano (23 percent owned) if you're hunting for saves.
- So, Stephen Strasburg's rough outing last night was due to some Hot Stuff ointment being in the wrong place on his body? Really?
- Cardinals OF Jon Jay is on the DL with a shoulder sprain. I know the Cards don't want to play Carlos Beltran in center field too often, but this injury figures to force a creative way to keep Allen Craig's scorching hot bat in the lineup. Craig played last night because Beltran's knee issues kept him out of the lineup, but Beltran is expected to return today.
- Tigers closer Jose Valverde left Tuesday's game due to lower back tightness; his status is TBD. In related news, I traded for Valverde in my AL keeper league TWO DAYS AGO.
- The Phillies have scratched Vance Worley from today's start due to elbow soreness. We should know in the next day or two if Worley will go on the DL.
- The Twins will reactivate 1B Justin Morneau in time for tonight's game.
- Mike Harmon and I discussed closers and more in this week's Fantasy 15 podcast. Also, here's a link to this week's chat.
- Diamondbacks OF Chris Young is probably a week away from coming off the DL.
- Braves 1B Freddie Freeman hopes to return today after sitting on Tuesday with some eye issues.
- Red Sox 3B Kevin Youkilis will make a minor-league rehab appearance today. It appears that a Will Middlebrooks demotion, er, decision is imminent.
- Rockies manager Jim Tracy is very impressed with Christian Friedrich's first two starts. Tracy knows those starts were at the Giants and Padres, right?
- Indians 3B Jack Hannahan hopes to return to the lineup today after missing a couple of games due to back tightness.
- Twins OF Denard Span didn't play Tuesday because of a sore hamstring. The injury sounds minor.
- Remember Franklin Gutierrez? The Mariners hope to get their center fielder back by mid-June. If Gutierrez can return to his 2010 form, he'll be interesting.
- The Rays are looking at youngsters Alex Cobb and Chris Archer to take the injured Jeff Niemann's rotation slot. Archer is probably the more talented hurler, and could be good if he ever learns to throw strikes. Figure that Cobb will get the call, and have value in AL-only leagues.
See you back here tomorrow morning.
Check out more Fantasy Baseball News and Notes.