Remember in the spring, when you circled tonight's Lance Lynn-Justin Verlander matchup on your calendar? It's too bad that the sensational Lynn, who's having a shocking breakout season (10-2, 2.42 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 86 K) projects to take a back seat in the National League All-Star starter discussion to the even more amazing R.A. Dickey (11-1, 2.00 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 103 K), who last night became the first major leaguer in 24 years to throw consecutive one-hitters.
Jerome Williams flopped for us last night, but we can't be too angry with him since he passed out and was taken to the hospital after the game. Get well soon, Mr. Williams. Our streaming starter record is down to 45-31 for the season.
Today's pick is Minnesota's Scott Diamond (owned in 21.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Pirates, while Wednesday's selection is Erik Bedard (3.8 percent owned) against Diamond's Twins.
On to the news:
- Rays 3B Evan Longoria left last night's Triple-A rehab game after feeling discomfort in his partially torn left hamstring. Longoria didn't seem too concerned, but he'll continue his rehab with the team's trainers, and there's no timetable for his return (though I don't think there was before last night's incident). If you own Longoria and expected him to be back this week, you'll probably need to wait a little while longer.
- Reminder: Jered Weaver is scheduled to come off the DL to start Wednesday for the Angels.
- Expect the Rockies to have an update on Troy Tulowitzki's sports hernia examination sometime today.
- The Cubs have placed SP Ryan Dempster on the DL with a strained lat muscle, and the timetable for his return is murky. So much for Dempster being the first big name traded this season.
- Blue Jays SP Kyle Drabek will have Tommy John surgery and be out until sometime next season.
- Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said Monday that SS Stephen Drew probably won't be an everyday player when he comes off the DL. I don't like the sound of that.
- Braves 1B Freddie Freeman (finger) hopes to return to the lineup tonight. I can't say I'm excited about a hitter who might have trouble gripping the bat all season.
- In other Braves' news, SP Brandon Beachy might be headed for Tommy John surgery. Expect a firm diagnosis for Beachy later this week, but if you need a replacement now and don't have bench or DL space, you can probably waive him.
- Orioles OF Nick Markakis (hand) hopes to start swinging a bat on Friday and return to the lineup next week, but in my expert medical opinion, that timetable seems very optimistic. Seriously, we should have more news over the weekend.
- It sounds like we're less than a week away from Anthony Rizzo joining the Cubs' lineup for the next 10 years.
- Reds OF/fantasy enigma Drew Stubbs hopes to come off the DL on Friday.
- Jordan Schafer and Justin Maxwell are in an unofficial centerfield platoon for the Astros.
- 2B Chris Getz (leg) is back on the DL for the Royals. Yuniesky Betancourt played second base last night, and so far there's no sign of my man Johnny Giavotella.
- Shaun Marcum will miss his Tuesday start for the Brewers due to a sore elbow.
- Catcher Joe Mauer (quad) and closer Matt Capps (shoulder) are day-to-day for the Twins; both might be ready to play tonight. If you own Mauer, are you happy with his season so far? His numbers (.314, 3 HR, 33 RBI, 32 R, 3 SB) are OK with me.
- Mets 1B Ike Davis is still surging.
- The Rangers decided to give OF Josh Hamilton one more night off on Monday, but used him as a defensive replacement. He's expected to be in the lineup tonight. For real this time.
- White Sox SP John Danks has a tear in his pitching shoulder, and will be out indefinitely.
See you back here tomorrow morning.
Click here for more FOXSports.com Fantasy Baseball coverage.