Here's the regular Friday rundown on where you can find fantasy assistance over the weekend:
- Tweet the FOXSports.com fantasy team. I'm at @jhalpin37, and you can also contact Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), Joel Beall (@FOXSportsBeall) and Mike Harmon (@SwollenDome).
- Post a message on the Facebook pages for Harmon, Fowler and me.
- Listen to FOX Fantasy Freaks Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy, on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can also tweet those guys (@FantasyFreaks).
- Chat with Fowler, Beall and me on FOXSports.com Sunday from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. I'll be in the 11 a.m. slot this week.
On to the news:
- After practicing on Monday and Wednesday, Chargers TE Antonio Gates rested his injured foot on Thursday. However, the team says the day off was part of the plan, and Gates remains on track to return this week against the Jets. If Gates is active, you should play him unless your backup is pretty good (I have Gates and Kellen Winslow, and I'm not sure what I'll do). Since Jets-Chargers is an early game, you'll know Gates' status in plenty of time to make a decision.
- A report surfaced Thursday that Lions RB Jahvid Best might miss the rest of the season due to a concussion. The Lions disputed the report, but Best certainly appears unlikely to play this week. The Detroit Free Press quotes RB Maurice Morris as saying Best hasn't been at meetings because "they kind of want him to stay away from the noise and lights," and that doesn't sound promising. However, you shouldn't count Best out yet, as nobody really has any idea when his symptoms will go away.
- Don't forget your byes. The Bills, Bengals, Patriots, Giants, Eagles and 49ers are off this week.
- Browns RB Peyton Hillis hasn't practiced yet this week due to his pulled hamstring, but he hasn't been ruled out for Week 7. Hillis is considered day-to-day, but I wouldn't count on him this week. That makes Montario Hardesty an option, but not a great one against the Seahawks' solid run defense. There's more detail here if you're interested.
- Bucs RB LeGarrette Blount (knee) will probably miss his second straight game on Sunday, meaning that Earnest Graham should be in line for another solid game. Head coach Raheem Morris said Thursday that Graham and Kregg Lumpkin "are probably going to split the load," but I don't believe him. Graham is the guy.
- Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) hasn't practiced this week after missing last week's game against the Panthers. The team hopes he can play, but I'll believe it when I see it. We might be tracking toward gametime decision territory here.
- For those of you thinking ahead, Bengals RB Cedric Benson will serve a one-game suspension in Week 8. If you have a roster spot doing nothing, pick up Bernard Scott now and beat the rush.
- You might have heard some rumblings about Texans WR Andre Johnson returning this week, but it's probably not going to happen. On a related note, I've got Jacoby Jones starting in one league.
- Rams QB Sam Bradford (ankle) hasn't practiced all week and might not practice today, but he still might play Sunday in Dallas. With kickoff at 4:15 p.m. ET, you might not want to take the risk. You also might want to make sure you start the Dallas DST, or pick them up if they're still available, which is the case in about 22 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- It looks like Charlie Whitehurst will start at QB in place of Tarvaris Jackson (strained pectoral muscle) for the Seahawks this week. Our WhatIfSports projection has Whitehurst pegged for 259 yards and a score, perhaps because it sees the Seahawks playing from behind. Sometimes, bye weeks call for desperate measures. I'd rather start Whitehurst than Carson Palmer.
- FYI, Palmer hasn't officially been named as the Raiders' starter, but he's likely to be.
- Broncos' offensive coordinator Mike McCoy said Thursday that WR Demaryius Thomas will be worked into the lineup and then they'll "see how he's doing conditioning-wise." If you grabbed Thomas as a speculative play, don't expect too much from him this week, and don't quit on him if he has a quiet game. If he's going to help you, it might take a little while.
- Cardinals TE Todd Heap hasn't practiced this week, and his status for Sunday is TBD.
- Wondering why the Panthers' backs aren't running as often? Read this, and don't expect things to change very much.
- RB Joseph Addai (hamstring) still isn't practicing for the Colts, and isn't likely to play Sunday.
- Saints TE Jimmy Graham missed Thursday's practice due to a sore ankle, but it doesn't sound serious. Graham should be his usual studly self on Sunday night.
- Don't read too much into the news about LaDainian Tomlinson starting for the Jets against the Chargers. Shonn Greene is still Gang Green's lead back.
- Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall was limited in Thursday's practice after injuring his knee. Don't panic, but keep an eye on this one.
- Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said that his playcalling won't change with John Beck under center. In four full games, Rex Grossman averaged 36 pass attempts and 247 yards. This week's opponent, the Panthers, are 11th in the NFL with 219 passing yards allowed per game, but that's partly because teams haven't thrown at them very much - they're allowing a league-worst 8.5 yards per attempt. If you're looking for a QB flier this week, Beck isn't the worst idea in the world.
See you back here Tuesday morning.