Here's a quick Thursday night recap:
- Raiders WR Denarius Moore (five receptions, 123 yards, two TD) had a huge night in the wake of Jacoby Ford's first-quarter foot sprain. Moore is a nice free-agent target if you can get him, but if Ford somehow makes a rapid recovery, temper your expectations. I think Ford would have been Carson Palmer's prime target if he had stayed in the game.
- Speaking of Palmer, he looked pretty good again, but note that he threw only 20 times. The Raiders are a run-first team, and that will limit his upside. Palmer is a matchup fantasy starter, not an every-week play.
- Most people thought Raiders RB Michael Bush would have a good game, but 242 yards from scrimmage? I'm speechless. Congratulations if you started him.
- WR Vincent Brown looks like a force to be reckoned with for the Chargers after catching five passes for 97 yards and a score. Philip Rivers seemed to like throwing to Brown, and he probably hates Vincent Jackson after V-Jax quit on a fourth-quarter interception. And "quit" is being nice.
- And speaking of Rivers, here's an in-game tweet from San Diego Union-Tribune Chargers' beat writer Kevin Acee: "I believe Philip Rivers was not hurt before this game. I don't know if I will believe it after this game."
Here's the normal Friday rundown on where you can find fantasy football assistance over the weekend:
- Tweet the FOXSports.com fantasy team. I'm at @jhalpin37, and you can also contact Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), Joel Beall (@FOXSportsBeall) and Mike Harmon (@SwollenDome).
- Post a message on the Facebook pages for Harmon, Fowler and me.
- Listen to FOX Fantasy Freaks Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy, on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can also tweet those guys (@FantasyFreaks).
- Chat with Fowler, Beall and me on FOXSports.com Sunday from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. I'll be in my regular noon slot this week.
On to the rest of news:
Check out the greatest fantasy
- Texans WR Andre Johnson didn't practice Thursday, but his hamstring is reportedly improving, and the Texans are likely to make a decision after Johnson runs again today. Johnson doesn't feel a pull in the back of his hamstring anymore, so he might actually play this week. Stay tuned.
- The Giants won't get RB Ahmad Bradshaw back this week, but they might have WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring), who practiced Thursday. Would you start Brandon Jacobs against the 49ers' league-best rum defense? That's a tough one, and depends on who else you have.
- Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb (foot) will probably miss another game Sunday. If you're desperate in a two-QB league, pick up John Skelton. Skelton isn't good, but he threw for 222 yards last week.
- Falcons WR Julio Jones was limited in Thursday's practice due to a hamstring issue. It doesn't sound serious, but let's keep an eye on this.
- Ravens S Ed Reed (shoulder) and LB Terrell Suggs (knee) didn't practice Thursday, and they're uncertain for Sunday's game at Seattle. Watch their progress, especially if you're itching to bench Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch or WR Sidney Rice due to a bad matchup. Rice was limited in Thursday's practice due to a foot injury, but is expected to play.
- Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray thinks that Felix Jones - who will probably miss another game due to his sprained ankle - is still the team's starting tailback. Murray is too nice, and very, very wrong.
- Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) was limited in Thursday's practice after sitting out Wednesday. Gresham is getting closer to a return, but might not be ready yet.
- Hey. Dwayne Bowe owners: Your guy might be shadowed by Broncos CB Champ Bailey on Sunday. Don't bench Bowe, but keep it in mind if he doesn't have a big day.
- Speaking of the Broncos, I don't know how long they'll use their read-option offense, but as long as they do, start Tim Tebow unless you have another elite QB. The guy has thrown for 457 yards and five TDs in three starts while running for 240 yards in that span, including a 118-yard day last week. I don't care if he's got the worst throwing mechanics in NFL history - he's fantasy gold.
- It sounds like Joseph Addai's hamstring will make him miss another game for the Colts. You might remember that rookie Delone Carter started in Addai's place last week, but got yanked early after a fumble, giving way to Donald Brown (16 carries, 70 yards). I'd prefer Carter to Brown this week, but both are risky.
- Patriots' RBs BenJarvus Green-Ellis (toe) and Kevin Faulk (knee) were both limited in Thursday's practice. I'm worried about the Law Firm for this week.
- Saints WR Lance Moore missed Thursday's practice due to hamstring tightness, and his status for Sunday is TBD. RB Mark Ingram (heel) practiced on a limited basis, and might return. That would give the Saints a four-headed running back monster, and the only one I'd start is Darren Sproles.
- This week's guest on Revis Island will be Wes Welker, and it sounds like Welker is in for a bit of a beating. You have to start him, though.
- Rams QB Sam Bradford (ankle) was limited in Thursday's practice, but appears to be tracking toward another start.
- Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck (knee) was limited in Thursday's practice, but should play on Sunday.
- It sounds like RB Tashard Choice will make his Redskins' debut against the Dolphins. I'm a Roy Helu owner, and while I'm still starting him in one league, I'm terrified that Mike Shanahan will screw me. If you were going to play Helu, stick with the plan, and cross your fingers.
- Finally, thanks to every one of our country's veterans. Your bravery and sacrifice can never be appreciated enough.
performances over the last 10
Good luck this weekend. See you back here on Tuesday.