Week 7 is in the books. As much as I'd like to pat myself on the back for recommending DeMarco Murray here, let's give a special shootout this morning to anyone who listened to my suggestion to bench Plaxico Burress here (scroll down to the 11:12 mark). You win some, you lose some.
On to the news:
Check out the greatest fantasy
- Redskins RB Tim Hightower is done for the season due to a torn ACL. The likely backfield setup for the 'Skins is now Ryan Torain as the starter, and Roy Helu on passing downs. However, considering Mike Shanahan's unpredictable history with fantasy running backs, write that one in pencil instead of pen. I'd start Torain this week if I had him (and I do).
- Speaking of the Redskins, WR Santana Moss is expected to miss 5-7 weeks due to a broken hand. Look for Anthony Armstrong and rookie Niles Paul to get more work in Moss' absence. Paul is an interesting guy to keep an eye on.
- Beanie Wells' return timetable is TBD after he suffered a knee injury on Sunday; all the Cardinals are saying now is that Wells' injury isn't season-ending. Alfonso Smith has a decent chance to start in Wells' place this week, though it would be against the Ravens.
- The Texans hope to get WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) back in the lineup this week.
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford is day-to-day after injuring his right ankle on Sunday. Let's see if he's ready for practice on Wednesday.
- With Broncos RB Willis McGahee expected to miss 1-4 games due to a broken bone in his hand, look for Knowshon Moreno to get the start this week. All those drafted Moreno in the fourth round are now saying, "Finally!" Either that or, "Wait a minute. I finally cut the guy, and NOW he's playing?"
- Raiders RB Darren McFadden has a sprained foot, and his chances to return following the Week 8 bye are TBD. We won't know much more until next week.
- Speaking of byes, the Falcons, Bears, Packers, Jets and Bucs join the Raiders on this week's vacation list.
- Bucs RB Earnest Graham is out for the season with a torn Achilles' tendon. The Bucs think they'll get LeGarrette Blount back in Week 9; otherwise, Kregg Lumpkin will be the last man standing in the Tampa Bay backfield.
- With the bye week coming, the Falcons aren't saying much about Matt Ryan's knee injury, other than that it's not as bad as originally feared. Stay tuned.
- Remember that Bengals RB Cedric Benson will serve his one-game suspension this week. Bernard Scott gets the start, and is a decent fantasy option. Scott will be busy, but he faces a Seahawks' defense that's allowing a league-low 3.2 yards per carry.
- Those same Seahawks aren't sure if Tarvaris Jackson (strained pectoral muscle) or Charlie Whitehurst will start at quarterback this week. The Bengals must be terrified when thinking about this uncertainty. The status of RB Marshawn Lynch, who was a late scratch in Week 7 due to back spasms, is also TBD.
- Browns WR Mohammed Massaquoi and TE Ben Watson both suffered concussions on Sunday, and are day-to-day. There's no word on Peyton Hillis' hamstring, other than that he's "progressing."
- Speaking of concussions, don't guess on when Jahvid Best will return. Just wait, like the Lions are. Sorry, but concussions are unpredictable.
- Rams QB Sam Bradford was still in a walking boot on Monday, so we'll have to wait until Wednesday's practice to get an idea if he'll play this week.
- With Felix Jones' ankle probably needing more time to heal, rookie DeMarco Murray is in line for another start this week for the Cowboys. Do you think Jones will ever get his job back? I'm skeptical.
- Remember that C.J. Spiller will be spending some time at wide receiver for the next couple of games. The move probably won't make Spiller worthy of a fantasy start, but he's more valuable this way than he was as a backup running back.
- After missing four games due to a knee injury, WR Braylon Edwards might return this week for the 49ers. Yippee?
- No, I don't know what's wrong with Titans RB Chris Johnson. I do know that he gets to play against the Colts this week, and they can't stop the run. Don't ask me about benching him unless he has another bad game.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET, and I'll have my usual session on Thursday at the same time. Make sure to send us lots of questions.
- You've already liked me on Facebook, right? If you have lineup or free-agent questions, that's the best place to contact me.
performances over the last 10
See you back here Friday morning.