Did anyone watch last night's hideous Chargers-Chiefs game? Philip Rivers' fumbled snap with a minute left in regulation was the cherry on top of a really ugly cake. I wish I could erase the whole thing from my memory.
On to the news:
- The Giants have a couple of fantasy stars that we'll need to track this week. WR Hakeem Nicks' hamstring has him day-to-day, but the team says that the plan is for him "not to miss anything." RB Ahmad Bradshaw re-aggravated a foot injury on Sunday, leaving the game and then returning later. Bradshaw's foot is apparently just very sore, and it doesn't sound like he'll miss time. Remember that his foot issues caused him to miss a lot of practice time last season, but he was always ready on gameday.
- Chargers RB Ryan Mathews left last night's game in the fourth quarter due to a groin injury, and his status for Week 9 is TBD. It sounds like Mike Tolbert is likely to return.
- The Week 9 bye teams are the Panthers, Lions, Jaguars and Vikings. Enjoy your week off, Cam Newton. My kids will miss you.
- Once again, we're probably going to need to wait until late in the week to see if Texans WR Andre Johnson will return from his hamstring injury. Johnson has missed four games so far.
- Don't expect any updates on Raiders RB Darren McFadden (foot) until Wednesday. In other Raiders' news, you should worry if you own any of their wide receivers. The team is reportedly close to signing T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a former teammate and workout partner of new QB Carson Palmer. I guess an old, slow WR will provide some balance for all their young, fast guys.
- Browns RB Montario Hardesty will miss at least a couple of games due to a torn calf muscle. The team expects Peyton Hillis (hamstring) to return this week, so you probably shouldn't waste a valuable waiver claim on Chris Ogbonnaya.
- The Redskins are hoping that TE Fred Davis (ankle) will be ready to practice on Wednesday; if you own Davis, you're probably OK this week. The 'Skins also claimed RB Tashard Choice off waivers from the Cowboys, so if you think this team's backfield situation is confusing now, just wait a week or two. Choice hurt his shoulder a couple of weeks ago, and his prognosis isn't clear.
- A day after giving a shared workload to Javon Ringer and saying that the Titans' running back rotation would depend on the "flow of the game," head coach Mike Munchak declared that Chris Johnson is still his starting tailback. I own Johnson on two miserable teams, and I'm not sure this makes me happy, because it's going to push me to keep him in the lineup. CJ2K's game-by-game rushing totals are: 24-53-21-101-51-18-34. He could be a decent fantasy back this season, but if you're still waiting for his breakout, you've crossed the line into stubbornness. It could happen, but it probably won't.
- Unless something changes, look for Bucs RB LeGarrette Blount to return this week after missing two games with a knee injury.
- There's no Week 9 update yet on Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) who was a late scratch on Sunday. RB Cedric Benson will return this week following his one-game suspension, but Bernard Scott had a decent game against the Seahawks. Hmm ...
- Colts RB Joseph Addai (hamstring) was active on Sunday, but the plan was for him to stay on the sideline unless there was an emergency. He'll probably play this week, but let's see what happens in practice. If you got a little excited by Donald Brown's modestly productive day against the Titans, you should probably get over it.
- Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) was back on the practice field Monday, and even though he was limited, it sounds like he'll be ready to go with week after missing a couple of games.
- "We'll see" was Felix Jones' response when asked Monday if he'll return to action in Week 9. If you own DeMarco Murray, keep your fingers crossed. I'd let Murray carry at least as much as a healthy Jones if I was the Cowboys, but they might not agree.
- Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb is day-to-day with a turf toe injury. Is it bad that one of my teams will really be hurt if Kolb can't play this week?
- Broncos head coach John Fox said that QB Tim Tebow will start again this week, but it sounds like he's on a short leash. Since Tebow has rushed for an average of 61 yards over the last two games, he's a fantasy starter for as long as he's a real-life starter.
- In other Broncos' news, RB Willis McGahee is still day-to-day with his broken hand.
- It sounds like 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh is starting to like WR Michael Crabtree as much as I do.
- Baby steps, Sam Bradford. No hurry. We can wait.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET., and I'll make my regular appearance on Thursday. Send in your questions, OK?
See you back here Friday morning. Hit me up on Facebook if you need anything before then.