Too bad I went to bed at halftime last night. Sounds like I missed ... Aaron Rodgers conducting some uncovered passing drills with his receivers. Oh, well.
On to the news:
- Eagles QB Michael Vick broke a couple of ribs on Sunday, and his status for Week 11 is in doubt. Vince Young will probably play if Vick can't go, and VY's running ability always makes him tempting. If Young plays, and your usual starter is hurt or on a bye, I could see starting him. The Giants will make his life difficult, though.
- In other Eagles news, WR Jeremy Maclin suffered shoulder and hamstring injuries against the Cardinals, and the shoulder is the one to worry about. As a Giants fan, I have to say that this week is starting out pretty well. Stay tuned for updates on Maclin, and have a backup plan ready if you own him.
- Texans QB Matt Schaub might be done for the season due to a foot injury. The team is on a bye this week, and we should know Schaub's fate after he visits a couple of specialists next week. At the very least, Matt Leinart will start in Week 12, and even though the Texans will remain a run-first team, I could see grabbing him off the free-agent wire if my current backup was a bottom-of-the-barrel guy like Curtis Painter, Matt Moore, Tarvaris Jackson or Blaine Gabbert. Schaub owners should hang on if they can, as the Texans are likely to exhaust every option to get him back. If you can wait a week before cutting him, do so. Don't get your hopes up, though.
- Chiefs QB Matt Cassel suffered a hand injury Sunday that could spell the end of his season, but the team hasn't yet put him on injured reserve. Cassel is a fantasy backup, and there's no need to keep him on your roster. Backup Tyler Palko will start Monday in New England, and grabbing the Pats' defense for that game isn't a bad strategy. As for Palko's fantasy prospects, read this Kansas City Star column, and then stay as far away from him as you can.
- This week's bye teams are the Saints, Colts, Texans and Steelers. The Thursday game is Jets at Broncos.
- Speaking of Thursday, Broncos RB Willis McGahee (hamstring) is expected to practice today, and if things go well he'll play on Thursday. If your league requires Wednesday free-agent pickups, check the McGahee news as late as you can tonight before taking your shot at backup Lance Ball, who had 30 carries Sunday. Knowshon Moreno is out for the season with a knee injury.
- The San Francisco Chronicle calls Raiders RB Darren McFadden (foot) and WR Jacoby Ford (foot) "longshots" to return this week. Get ready for another heavy dose of Michael Bush against the Vikings.
- The 49ers are saying that they expect RB Frank Gore (knee) to play this week. I'm skeptical.
- The Cardinals aren't ready to say who will start at quarterback this week. If Kevin Kolb (turf toe) is healthy, I'd expect him to be the guy.
- We're probably going to have to wait until at least Wednesday to get an idea if Falcons WR Julio Jones will be ready to play this week. Jones re-injured his hamstring early in Sunday's game against the Saints, and killed fantasy owners by catching just two passes for nine yards.
- Bills WR Stevie Johnson is day-to-day with a shoulder injury. Hopefully, he'll be healthy enough to disappoint me again this weekend.
- It sure sounded like Jerry Jones was joking when he said the Cowboys aren't ready to declare that DeMarco Murray is their starting tailback, but you never know with him. Felix Jones might be ready to return this week, and he should be a fine third-down back.
- Browns RB Peyton Hillis (hamstring) has already been ruled out for Week 11. The Chris Ogbonnaya Era continues, and maybe I'll finally learn how to spell his name this week without double-checking.
- Matthew Stafford will wear a glove on his throwing hand this week because his injured index finger isn't strong enough to grip the ball without it? That doesn't sound good.
- LaDainian Tomlinson's sprained knee ligament might keep him out of Thursday's game. Go, Shonn Greene!
- It doesn't sound like WR Malcom Floyd (hip) will be ready to return this week for the Chargers. Vincent Brown should be near the top of your free-agent target list.
- Seahawks WRs Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin both suffered concussions on Sunday, and we'll know their status later in the week.
- Promising Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson is done for the season due to a torn labrum. I've been saying this for a few weeks, but with Rex Grossman starting again at quarterback, I'm expecting his former college teammate Jabar Gaffney to get busy.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET, and I'll make my weekly appearance Thursday at the same time. Also, you can always hit me up on Facebook and Twitter.
See you back here Friday morning.