The Florida State Seminoles will face the Clemson Tigers in week four of the 2011 College Football Season. Both teams are coming off big week three games. The Seminoles lost to the Oklahoma Sooners, the current number one team in the country, and the Tigers defeated the Auburn Tigers, the 2010 BCS National Champions and holder of the nations longest win streak at 17. This game will be decided by whether FSU is able to bounce back after their big home loss or is Clemson able to build on last weeks game to get big back to back victories. This game is also more important for each team in regards to the ACC Title. The winner can start their in-conference play with a win and get one step closer to meeting in the Championship game
Stat Comparison of the Two Teams FSU Seminoles Statistics through week three
- Rushing Offense - ranked 100; 96.33 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 13; 325.33 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 52; 421.67 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 33; 36.33 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 17; 77.0 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 6; 118.00 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 5; 195.00 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 12; 11.00 points given up per game
- Rushing Offense - ranked 27; 216.67 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 21; 306.00 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 9; 522.67 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 24; 38.67 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 110; 224.67 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 46; 194.33 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 97; 419.00 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 58; 23.33 points given up per game
Death Valley Stadium after the Auburn Game
Currently, there is no line for this game. Personally, I like FSU. Clemson played a heck of a game last week against a young Auburn team, but this FSU defense is not Auburn's. Clemson's Sammy Watkins is a stud and will make some plays against the Seminole defense, but it won't be enough.
The only hope for Clemson is if FSU's starting quarterback, EJ Manuel, is not able to play this weekend. He was injured last week against Oklahoma. His backup, Clint Trickett, played descent in Manuel's replacement, but he's not ready to take the lead. He is still learning the offense, and thus, would limit the Seminoles play calling. The game was close last year, and the..
To continue reading this article, to vote on the poll and leave a comment, please visit WhosRight.com by clicking the link below!