The new Yardbarker app is here! Install on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You can also find us in Google Newsstand.


WANDERLEI SILVA RUMORS

Wanderlei Silva Says UFC Threatened To Sue Him For Bellator Appearance

In his latest video blog recently retired fighter Wanderlei Silva continues to take jabs at the UFC and reveals that they threatened to sue him after agreeing to do a signing session to help generate interest in rival promotion Bellator’s Tito Vs Bonnar event a few weeks ago. According to Silva he had been offered $10,000 to make the appearance, but after initially agreeing to...
Via Fight Of The Night
November 29, 2014  |  Discuss

Wanderlei Silva OUT of Bellator 131 Pre-Party Kickoff

Just when plans come together, something or in this case somebody comes and burns it down. On Monday, Bellator distributed a press release announcing that former Pride & UFC veteran “ The Axe Murder” Wanderlei Silva would be apart of their “Pre-Party Kickoff” on Friday for Bellator 131. The release goes on to say that Silva would join UFC Hall of Fame members Randy Couture...
Via BadCulture
November 11, 2014  |  Discuss

Wanderlei Silva Fires Back at NAC for Lifetime Ban

The Nevada Athletic Commission may have won the battle against Wanderlei Silva (pictured) Tuesday by fining the now-retired UFC star $70,000 and banning him for life for ducking May’s random drug test, but Silva claims the war is only just beginning. Silva took to Twitter shortly after the committee levied their hefty punishment. “Those who are trying to take me down, come get...
Via 5thRound.com
September 23, 2014  |  Discuss

MMA fighter gets lifetime ban from Nevada, big fine

It’s a good thing Wanderlei Silva (pictured) has retired from mixed martial arts, because the Nevada Athletic Commission has just banned him for life from competing in the state. The NAC also docked Silva $70,000, 10 percent of what he was guaranteed to make in his bout against Chael Sonnen at UFC 175, for running from May’s random drug test. Silva was a no-show during Tuesday’s...
Via 5thRound.com
September 23, 2014  |  Discuss

Wanderlei Silva Retires; Blames UFC For His Decision

Legendary MMA fighter Wanderlei Silva has announced in a video blog that he is retiring from the sport, bringing an 18 year professional career to a close. However, Silva hasn’t just quietly announced his decision to hang up his gloves, instead going out swinging by blaming the UFC for his decision to quit. “Today is a very sad day for me,” Silva said. “I can’t do this...
Via Fight Of The Night
September 20, 2014  |  Discuss

Wanderlei Silva puts UFC on blast in retirement video

Via another extremely dramatic and over produced video posted on his official YouTube page, one of the most revered mixed martial artists of all-time announced his retirement from the sport today. Unfortunately, this organization took away my desire to fight. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be treated this way. And with a heavy heart I come here today to declare: I am stepping...
Via Fight Booth
September 19, 2014  |  Discuss

Wanderlei Silva rips UFC in retirement announcement video

On Friday, MMA icon Wanderlei Silva (pictured) unceremoniously announced his retirement from fighting via a YouTube video. The slugger didn’t pull any punches on his way out, blasting the UFC for not showing him the proper respect and turning his legion of fans against him. “I am stepping down from the ring. After today, Wanderlei Silva will not fight again,” Silva stated....
Via 5thRound.com
September 19, 2014  |  Discuss

Wanderlei Silva admits taking banned substance

In a bizarre story a few weeks ago, UFC fighter Wanderlei Silva comically avoided taking a drug test by simply leaving the gym he was working out at and running away from the test collector. Well, on Tuesday he admitted to avoiding that May 24 drug test because he was taking banned substances at the time. The 37-year-old Silva went before the Nevada State Athletic Commission at an...
Via Rumors and Rants
June 18, 2014  |  Discuss

Silva admits to taking diuretics

During Tuesday’s Nevada State Athletic Commission hearing, UFC star Wanderlei Silva (pictured) faced the firing squad to discuss why he “ran” out the side door of his gym when a NSAC official sprung a random drug test on him on May 24 for his scheduled fight with Chael Sonnen at UFC 175. Silva, with his wife and lawyer Ross Goodman on each side of him, didn’t say a single...
Via 5thRound.com
June 18, 2014  |  Discuss
MORE STORIES >>


MMA News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

By clicking "Sign Me Up", you have read and agreed to the Fox Sports Digital Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can opt out at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.
the YARDBARKER app
Get it now!
Ios_download En_app_rgb_wo_45

Mayweather-Pacquiao: It's sparring tall-tale season

The MLBPA has a problem

Final Four preview: Can every team win?

Full WrestleMania 31 recap and results

Why Texas had to fire Rick Barnes

Craig Sager's leukemia has returned

Report: Chris Mullin to take St. John's job

Report: NFL looking into more cameras

CC Sabathia goes off about spring stats

John Fox: Cutler will have to earn job

Texas eyeing Shaka Smart, Gregg Marshall?

WATCH: Brady jumps off cliff in Costa Rica

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.